8

I'm so glad that Ryan took me out a few nights ago. It's been a good while since I've been out, and I really appreciated it. Although I'm trying not to think about that thing I felt while hugging him.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm anxiously waiting for work to be over with so that I can go and do my nails. I haven't heard from Ryan since morning and I had to take a taxi to work. I also texted him, but he hasn't even responded to my messages. He just read them.

It look like him tiaad a mi already. Sigh

Affi go start take back taxi to kmt.

As the clock read 5 p.m. I left the clinic and went to the nail salon to get my nails and toes done.

Two and a half hours later, I was finished and heading home

Still nuh hear nothing from Ryan.

Arriving home, I went straight to the shower and then went and ate the dinner mom cooked. While eating dinner, I received a message from Britney.

Britney👯‍♀️🤦‍♀️💕
Hey boo mi know yuh seh yuh nuh waa do nth on ur birthday but I wanna carry you out to dinner. It's on me😘
And yuh cya tell mi no🙄

Laughing, I replied with an okay and continued with eating dinner while watching TikTok.

"Yuh have man now?" Looking up, I saw my brother standing before me laughing.

"Weh ya talk bout bout?" I asked, confused.

"Yuh soon know weh mi a talk bout man," He continued laughing while walking away.

Hissing my teeth, I carried my plate to the kitchen and then got ready for bed. While lying down, I contemplated if I should text Ryan again. Just to see if he's okay.

Mi nuh waa run back a nobody enuh but mi kinda care fi him in a likkle way

Suh yuh seh dwl

Kmt

Me:
Hey.
Yuh good?

Ryan🙃:
Ye
Ya fi go tek taxi tmrw

Hissing my teeth, I didn't bother to reply.

Him could a just seh dog shit mi a go stop deal wid yuh.

Turning off the light, I went to bed smiling as I thought about my birthday coming up in a few hours.

NEXT MORNING

I was awoken by the feeling of something rubbing on my forehead. Opening my eyes, I saw my mom standing over me with a bottle of olive oil praying.

After devotion, I went to the bathroom for a shower and then headed to the kitchen where Mom was preparing breakfast. But she wasn't finished.

My cousin will be coming soon to do my hair, so I got everything that would be needed to do it and went to sit on the verandah, replying to my birthday messages.