26

BRIT'S P.O.V

Since Anaya had left that morning, I've been texting and calling her to tell her how sorry I am about what I had said, but she kept ignoring me. I had the pregnancy tests tucked away in a drawer and locked with a key because I didn't want my brother to find them. I didn't even know why I was keeping them. I should've thrown them away.

I just don't know anymore... I'm currently in college studying to become a psychologist, but mi nuh know why the f*ck mi cya understand mi self. It was also exam season, and with everything that is happening in my life, I was trying my best to pass my exams.

Devaughn... poor Devaughn. He doesn't deserve me at all. I've asked him countless times why he wanted me, and he kept telling me all the things I didn't want to hear. I'm far from what he thinks of me. I'm not perfect. I'm broken. I'm messed up. And I know he'll notice soon and leave. I've already prepared myself for it even though I find myself falling for him. He's too good for me. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I avoided him a week straight until he popped up to my house pissed. I still wasn't ready to tell him I was pregnant, so I forced myself to tell him I was having some issues regarding my family. Do you know what he did?? He spent the rest of the day with me, giving me any and everything I wanted. He even went a head to plan something small for my birthday because I didn't feel like celebrating it. Sigh....

I had made an appointment for the following day to abort the child. Thoughts after thoughts ran through my mind if what I was going to do was right. Instead of thinking about it anymore, I went to the clinic the next morning. As soon as I lay on the bed, I started crying. Full on bawling. I didn't know what came over me, but I couldn't stop the tears. The doctor stood the consoling me, and I was grateful that she spent some of her time offering me some motherly advice. After our little session, she prescribed some vitamins and gave me a date to come back for a check-up. It was like God had sent an angel in the midst of my life that was spiraling out of control, and I'm so glad he did. I still didn't find the courage to tell anyone that I was carrying the child, but in that time, I tried bonding with it. Early mornings were spent talking to and praying over him/her. I tried not to give in to the negative thoughts because I knew Anaya would be there for me like she promised and also Devaughn.

When we met in the parking lot at the hotel, I wanted to tell Nya that I was keeping it, but I was cut off by Devaughn. I was planning on telling Devaughn tonight, though. After my birthday dinner, as a surprise to say thank you, but... here we are...

Nya and I stood like deers caught in a headlight, not knowing if we should move or say something.

"Weh she a talk bout Britney??" He asked pissed.

Oh... we deh pon first name basis now??

Girl!! Focus and ansa d man!!

"I-"

People nth naa come out a mi mouth

Walking towards Anaya and I, he pulled me along with him into the elevator. My heart was beating rapidly as I feared what his next move would be. If only Anaya did wait, fi mi tell har. I didn't like how angry he was right now, so I moved to the corner of the elevator. Hearing the elevator stopped, he again pulled me behind towards our room.

"Stop pull mi suh nuh Devaughn!"

Jesas christ, a weh him a go do mi now!!

Ignoring my pleas, he pulled the door with one hand and pushed me inside. Slamming the door, he turned towards me with an angry stare.

"Yuh dash weh mi pickney Britney??" He asked, slowly walking towards me.

He was scaring me and confusing me at the same time.