3

I woke around 7 a.m. and did devotion thanking God again for my job and yesterday's pay. My mom was already up from the hours of five.

'I don't know why she always wake up so early.'

I went to the bathroom and freshened up then grabbed a book and pen and headed towards mommy's room to ask her what I should buy today. After making the list I gave her back the $15,000 she gave me to go to work this month and told her the next time I get paid she gets something for herself. Calculating that I spent $6,000 yesterday and just gave mommy $15,000 I was now left with $29,000.

'And the fare nuh come out a it yet. Sigh...
Times like this mi wish mi have a car man...'

I'm gonna have to cut back on buying lunch and start carrying lunch to work if I want to save the money and start fixing up mommy house. Time to get strict on spending now.

After putting aside $7,500 for the fare next month instead of $15,000, I made a list of things that I could buy to make lunch and carry to work. Taking up my phone I saw that my sister had sent $50,000 telling me what to do with part of the money. We had planned to surprise mommy and put up a stall for her to sell chemicals like bleach, soflan, body wash, etc instead of staying home and only doing work around the yard. It will also help to provide for herself anytime she wants and not have to depend on when my sister or I get paid.

'Kmt. Still nuh know what was the purpose of the so-called 'father' because my mom had to learn how to do things around the yard harself. And now it look like me bredda a come lazy just like him. But him try nuh think seh mi a go sit down and baby him like mommy cause mi wi raise hell inna dis!!'

Now I had $21,500 left so I put aside $10,000 for rainy days and was now left with $11,500. With the money my sister had sent I wrote down that $20,000 would come out of that to buy the chemicals for mommy to sell. Next the $30,000 will be added to the $11,500 that was left from my money to buy groceries that should last until the next time I get paid. It should be enough cause it was just three of us.

After checking that I had everything to take with me to the market I started getting ready. I had combed my hair into a puff and put on a black loose dress that stopped at my knee. I put on my gold necklace with my initial then went to look for my black slide slipper with rhinestones at the top. Being pleased with the simple look I took up my handbag and put some market bags in there.

'Nah buy no market bag dem too theif.'

Ensuring that I had everything I left home around 8: 30. I should have told my brother to come with me because I had a lot to do today but I knew he wouldn't because he always complained about me taking too long, going to too many places and blah blah blah. So it's better to go by myself because I can't take the nagging. Reaching the crossroads and waiting for a taxi, the owner of one of the cookshops called to me.

"Hello, pretty lady. You're looking so beautiful today." He said with a wide smile.

'Him think him look good?? Fava please puss.'

"Thank you," I answered rolling my eyes
mentally.

Seeing a taxi coming I fanned it down before he asked me where I was going. I was the only one in there when I got in and greeted the driver.

'A mi alone nuh like siddung a front seat???
Mi nuh know why mi have da fear deh. God
help mi when mi start drive.'

Arriving at Linstead I got straight into
shopping mode.

3 hours later

'Jesas a tiaaaaaadddd!!' * Tc voice *