27

ONE MONTH LATER

SUNDAY, JUNE 18

ANAYA'S P.O.V

I've been so damn tired these days. Between work and working on my room, I hadn't had enough time to rest. Ryan wanted to get someone to oversee the whole building of the room, but I told him I wanted to do it myself. He was already spending the money, and that was enough for me. I told him that even though he was the one spending the money, I wanted to have a sense of independence and not just stand at the side watching him do all the work. It's a lot of work to be honest and really stressing, but at the end of the day, I want to look back and say I did that.

Wid Ryan money, of course... lol

Ryan had dropped me off about an hour ago, so I was currently getting ready for him to come and pick me up again. He was taking Mommy, Anthony, and I out to a friend of his restaurant opening in Kingston.

"Yuh ready Anaya?" Mom asked, entering the room.

"Yes, mommy," I answered, brushing the hair that Brit had forced me to install. "A wah time?"

"Almost 7, so dat mean Ryan soon come," She answered. "Look how mi daughter nice," Mommy beams, earning a laugh from me.

 "Look how mi daughter nice," Mommy beams, earning a laugh from me

"Thank you, Mommy, but you look sexy tho. Yuh might catch somebody tonight, " I jeered.

 Yuh might catch somebody tonight, " I jeered

"Mi nuh want a soul," She hissed.

"So yuh seh," I laughed.

She hissed again.

"Mommy yuh know seh life nuh stop a Donald?" I asked, but she kept quiet. "And mi nuh have a problem if yuh find one likkle man yuh joints dem need some oil" I joked.

I ducked in time as she threw her purse at me. I double over in laughter, seeing her trying to hide her smile.

"Ryan come enuh," my brother shouts from the living room.

Giving myself a final look in the mirror, I followed Mommy out of the room after she had retrieved her purse.

"You look beautiful, mum." Ryan smiles at Mommy.