17 - Say Yes to Heaven

I just got back from a late night mission and was absolutely buggered. I collapsed into my bed at around 5:30 am and was woken up by being shaken slightly.

"Hey, you awake yet?" I heard my boyfriend say softly.

"Huh?" I roll over to see Luka knelt down beside my bed. "Oh hey, what are you doing?" I ask in a tired voice.

"Picking you up."

"For what?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Our date? We made plans today Angel."

I remembered the plans we had

"Oh fuck we did. It's like really fucking early though."

"Its 10am."

"Is it?" I look at my phone. "Shit it is. Sorry I had a really late night last night."

"That's okay. Why were you up so late?"

"I was uh-... stuck in the youtube shorts wormhole." I lied, but let's be for real it's pretty damn accurate.

"Honestly I don't know what else I expected." He laughed. "I'll wait for you downstairs."  He got up and lightly patted me on the shoulder. 

"Mmm okay see you in a minute." I got up out of bed and pulled Heathen out of my sock drawer. "Up shitstain."

I started to get ready while heathen ate a few chilli flakes. I quickly let all the kwamiis out and fed them.

"Alright back in the box." I said, not ready for any bullshit. Now that I'm the guardian, I gotta stop fucking around...sometimes.

"Come on... Madame Vendetta let us out of the box." The phoenix kwamii, Blaze, whined.

"In the sewer. This is my bedroom, my dad's a detective he'll pick up on something real soon if you don't get in the box."

The kwamii's start to whine and groan until one of the kwamii's speaks up.

"We must all obey the guardian. Her judgment is always the most nobel." The angel kwamii, Heathen's second half said in a soft voice.

"Thank you Esther. Now get in the fucking box."

They all finally got in the box and I was almost ready to leave. After getting ready I stuff Heathen in my bag and head out to meet Luka. He sat at the table talking with my dad.

"Good afternoon." My dad greeted me.

"You're so funny. You ready to go Luka?"

He nodded and stood up, shaking hands with my dad. We left and made our way to the movie theatre. Luka made up this game where one of us says the lyrics to a song and the other has to guess it.

"Ok umm... I saw him standing there..." He said waiting for me to continue.

"Umm...fuck its on the tip of my tongue."

"Come on you know this."

"I'm blanking here babe. Fuck it's so familiar."

"By the record machine!"

I covered my face in shame and humiliation.

"I fucking wrote that..." I sigh.

"Yeah I can't believe you didn't get it."

"I guess I should start listening to my own songs more." We both laugh. Then follows a awkwardish silence.

"I can't believe that you're actually Fluorite." Luka says.

"Yeah, look I'm sorry that I didn't tell anyone it's just, I don't like that kind of attention. I mean don't get me wrong I loved being famous, but as Fluorite, not Y/n. If that makes sense?"