Chapter 11: Noctura

Noctura:

Walking through the markets of Astrum, was a stark contrast to the luminous beauty of Angelonia. The city seemed to exist under a perpetual night sky, cloaked in shadows that danced amidst the moons faint glow. The buildings, towering structures of obsidian, glittered with an otherworldly sheen under the stars watchful gaze. All I could think of was how much Sakura and Rose would love it here.

Elves moved through the market, their forms illuminated by the soft luminescence of the moonlight. Some bore the unmistakable mark of Moon Elves, with their horns and iridescent skin, while others appeared to be touched by the sun's rays, their features aglow with an ethereal radiance. It was a mingling of races rarely seen in Angelonia, where societal divisions often kept Sun and Moon Elves apart.

Sensing my confusion, Lilith offered an explanation for the diverse crowd that surrounded us. "Half-breeds and refugees from all over the continent find sanctuary here," she remarked, her voice carrying over the ambient murmur of the market. I nodded in understanding, observing the ease with which the inhabitants of Astrum interacted with one another, regardless of their origins. It was a stark departure from the segregated societies of Angelonia, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of intrigue and curiosity about this mysterious city shrouded in darkness.

"Have you seen anything you'd like little moon?" I smiled at Lumin but shook my head.

"Shall we visit the flower district." Lumin looked at his sister with big eyes and nodded a smile appearing on his lips.

"Flower district?" my brow was raised in a question.

"Mhm, you'll see." Lilith grabbed my hand tugging me with her while Lumin followed with that smile.

As Lilith led me through the labyrinthine streets of Astrum, I couldn't shake the sense of wonder and curiosity that pulsed through my veins

As Lilith led me through the labyrinthine streets of Astrum, I couldn't shake the sense of wonder and curiosity that pulsed through my veins. The city's perpetual night seemed to amplify the mysteries that lay hidden within its obsidian walls, beckoning me to explore its secrets further. We approached a part of the black city covered in flora, a sense of tranquillity washed over me, soothing my senses after the hustle and bustle of the market. The air was filled with the delicate fragrance of exotic moon blooms, mingling with the soft whispers of the nocturnal breeze.

Lumin's eyes sparkled with anticipation as we entered the park, his smile growing wider with each step we took. Willow trees, their branches swaying gently in the night breeze, cast dappled shadows on the ground below. But what truly caught my breath was the sight of the flowers – vibrant cherry blossoms and Prunus that seemed to glow with an inner light, their petals shimmering like stars against the dark canvas of the night.