Chapter 10: Noctura

Noctura:

"You're supposed to be resting still." Atlas's voice brought me back to reality, I marked the page I was reading and closed the book, placing it on my lap. I turned around from my seat on the bench, the gardens roses glittering around me. "I cant stay in a room forever, that's what got me into this in the first place." All three brothers tensed at the same time, Lumin sighed and nodded, "She's right we should've told her." Silva sighed and turned around walking to the roses behind hind.

"The curse that keeps us in here is also the reason for our shift, the soul sword is supposed to open a rift in the barrier but.." Lumin trailed off his sentence and I answered it. "I haven't shown signs of having it even though the markings are there." He nodded, there was a longing to his eyes, I could see it. All three of them hated being stuck here.

"It's possible that you wont ever manifest one, the books say it's a possibility." I nodded and felt emotions tug at my heart. Before I could stop myself I asked, "Besides the war, why do you want leave. Do you have wives?" I could help it, the words fell from my mouth like a rock slide. A blush crept over my cheeks at Atlas's smirk.

"Jealous little moon?" I rolled my eyes, no I wasn't of course not.

"Maybe if I know you," I pointed at each of them, "Aren't going to destroy the world, it'll help." Lumin laughed, I loved it when he was happy. Broody and insufferable didn't suit him. Silva and Atlas on the other hand. No I need to stop that.

"No, we will not. Our brother will once he is summoned and your little Sun king is helping them do it." I stared at Silva with wide eyes, I knew the king was going against the Gods but surely he wouldn't. No our new king is heartless and arrogant. He surely will.

"You may not believe us, little moon, but you." Atlas now pointed at me like I did at them earlier, "Are the key the key to stopping that fucking king of yours. He sent out a order of execution on Moon blooded elves" I could say anything as they walked closed to me, Lumin laid on the ground in front of me while Silva and Atlas each took a seat on the bench.

"I can start training tomorrow, but" I paused for a second chewing on my cheek. Should I ask them? Lilith did say she would look in to it. "my family? Did they make it out of Angelonia." I wasn't looking at them but I could hear it in Lumin's voice. They haven't found anything. Its been twenty-one moons already.

"No, we're still looking." I nodded, anything could have happened, Sakura and Rose.. I could only pray they were safe, and I would find them.

"What are you reading?" Silva took the book and read the cover. It was a old love story Lilith got from the Lunar clans archives. It told the story of a girl who fell in love with a Moon elf, it was during the time of the war. She died when the barrier went up.

"Night of the fallen. It was a night of loss for everyone." Silva murmured.

"How.." they watched me as I thought over my question. "How did they lock you in?" They knew what I meant, how would one subdue a God long enough to lock them in a city?

"There was a feast after the war.." Lumin's voice was void of his usual cheery self. "It was here in this city, we drank and had a blast. When it was time to return home through the rift the barrier was already in place." In the corner of my eye I could see Silva clench his firsts. I focused my attention back to Lumin as he continued. "It's been more than a thousand years that our kingdoms have been without rulers." So it was true that these men ruled over kingdom's in other realms. I shifted my gaze to the sky and mumbled, "So I need to do this." Atlas nodded and I sighed heavily. Fuck.