Chapter 53: Mind of Pain

Speech:

Characters talking

Characters thoughts

Characters talking in deep/serious voices

.

.

.

Narrators POV

It would be an understatement to say that, Izuku Midoriya was exhausted. His eyes were crusty and bloodshot, his muscles were cramping every moment, his whole body was on the brink of shattering. It was a wonder how he had survived.

Katsuki: damn, you're finally awake...

Izuku found himself in a bed, large one at that. He looked to his side to see Katsuki sitting on a chair, peeling an apple to carve away at time. They had too much time.

Izuku: were you watching me sleep...?

Katsuki: yes...?

Izuku: creep...

Katsuki: shut up! I'm the only reason you're alive right now!

The vigilante looked down at his body, covered in bandages, most of them were drenched in blood. It was the best treatment he could get, but enough to save his life from blood lost.

Izuku: so where is Ellie? Is she safe?

Katsuki: Ellie, she's fine, sleeping in her own room...

Izuku: that's good to hear...

Looking towards the window, the stars shined and the moon glowed across the dark sky, it was beautiful. Izuku felt akin to the the night, its cold air breezing across his skin, the stars glimmering like diamonds, and the moon's light relieving all of his pain. He could feel normal, even if for a moment.

Izuku: how long was I out for?

Katsuki: only for a day and a half, not that long, so you should rest more...

The vigilante chuckled.

Izuku: rest? Pft, how could I do that...

He began to get up from the bed, his legs were burning from pain, his spine was bruised, and nearly crippled. His head was bursting, it felt like spikes were driven into his head, daggers carving out his brains, he never felt pain like this in a long time.

Izuku: ah fuck!

Katsuki: lay down, dumbass! Your wounds are going to burst open!

Ignoring his warnings, Izuku drove through the pain and out of his bed, limping towards the healing moon light. It felt purifying, his injuries accelerating in the healing process, slowly closing up the wounds that plagued his torn body. The rejuvenating effect cooled down the pain, partially numbing it, thought not fully, his Mind couldn't forget so easily.

Izuku: that should do it...

He stretched his limps, shaking them away until the pain became numb.

Izuku: I'll be taking my leave...

Stepping out of the room, his arm is grabbed by Katsuki.

Katsuki: like hell you are! I can't let you go like this!

Izuku: I'm healed up, so I'm fine...

Katsuki: it doesn't matter if your body is fine! Your mind isn't!

Gripped by Katsuki's hold, Izuk takes back his arm, slightly pushing his friend back.

Izuku: why do you want to deny me my last purpose?