Chapter 49: Between the Past and Present

Speech:

Characters talking

Characters thoughts

Characters talking in deep/serious voices

.

.

.

Narrators POV

The past.

Many people have their differing views on it, for Izuku however, he hated it. Many memories flooded his mind when he remanence about it, so much pain, so much misery, he couldn't bear the thought of it. He was a strong man on the outside, but at heart, he was still a young boy who had everything taken away from him at a young age.

He was force to grow so fast, force to kill for his own survival, whilst carrying the burden of his dead mother, Inko. When he really thought about it, the really suffering came after he was alone in the forest.

The smell of iron had filled his nose, blood surrounding his body. His dead mom and the man who killed her all within view, it was horrifying. Izuku wanted to hug his mom, but at the slightest touch, he only felt the cold emanate from her pale dead skin. The cold everlasting grip of death had taken her from him all too soon.

A mother is supposed to take care of their child, teach them, raise them to be a fine person in society. Izuku had no one, not anymore. Maybe his father could have taught him, but that bastard left them and because of that, Izuku was alone, left with a vengeance, a promise to kill those who had taken his mother.

Red Hood: what's a bastard like you thinking they can hold information?

Flashed forward into a scene where Izuku as Red Hood stood upon a wrangler and beaten criminal. This was the time when he was hunting for the villains who had lead to sending their lackey to eliminate Inko. Disappointedly, after Izuku had trained his skills as a vigilante Red Hood, it had been far too easy for him to track those loan sharks.

Red Hood: pathetic... I hate when villains like you try to be so honorable by not snitching on your pals, you've already been defined as a selfish bitch...

Grabbing a red canister from nearby, Red Hood splashed an oily liquid upon the villain.

Red Hood: since it seems you feel so decisive on being like that, let's see if you're willing to burn the rest of your sins away...

Brushing a match against a red ingrained box, the small wooden stick caught aflame at its red tip. The beautiful flame was so small and so weak, yet caused much when combined with its appropriate and most destructive partner, gasoline.

???: AAGH-!!! It hurts! It hurts!

The villain flailed across the floor, spinning around in an attempt to put out the flames, it was useless. Red Hood watched for a solid minute, in taking the scent of burning flesh engraving itself into his nostrils. It was a horrible stench, but Red Hood took pleasure in the smell of death.

Red Hood: burn until your bones ashes pay for your sins...

Walking away to let the villain suffer alone in the painful embrace of the fire, Red Hood would many years later regret this decision. For this act created the villain, Fire Fly, an arsonist hellbent on burning Izuku for his own acts of violence.

Izuku: fuck... I did screw that guy over...

He had a lingering sense of fear, not for the villains, but for himself. He was so heartless, it scared him so much, he was already so cruel without the Lazarus Insanity, he couldn't even imagine what would happen if he lost control.