Chapter 48: League of Villains: Round One

Speech:

Characters talking

Characters thoughts

Characters talking in deep/serious voices

.

.

.

Narrators POV

There was a French folk tale that always interested Izuku, Little Red Riding Hood.

He found the story intriguing, small girl walking through the forest in her distinct red cloak. Her mother packed a basket full of food for the little girl to deliver to her grandmother. So innocent, a pure girl who paddled her feet across nature, yet so unaware of the monsters that hid in the shadows. Thankfully she wasn't a stupid little girl.

A wolf would block the little girls path, he wanted her to follow him to different path. The girl refused and waddled last the dangerous animal, she had to deliver the basket to her grandma, the red cloaked tattered girl said. She may have been smart enough to avoid the stranger, she was still too blind to account for the information. Smart, but so blind, so stupid of her.

The wolf seeing the girl skip away, grew angry at her for refusal, he wanted revenge. So using his superior strength, raced past the girl without her knowing and found the house that contained the girl's grandma. Revenge couldn't be more sweeter then this.

The girl skipping across the forest explored nature, petting and watching all the animals like dear and bunny. She was having a fun and oblivious time. Nonetheless, she still had a duty to do, so she adventured on across the path before she finally made it to her destination.

She knocked and knocked when suddenly the door creaked open. She entered without a thought of sentience, another mistake she made. Walking deeper and deeper into her grandma's house, she would find her grandma in bed. She looked so different, such big teeth she had, so much hair she had, a big nose she had.

Chomp!

The wolf had gotten his revenge, the girl noticed and so he struck while he could. There was no good ending to the story, yet despite all the other version the story had, this was Izuku's favorite one. It was realistic to him in some aspects, even relatable in a sense. The girl and him has been so blind, Izuku should have continued being more cautious, keep being a vigilante, he would have done more good. He shouldn't have pet the animals, he shouldn't have tried being friends with the people around him, they were only a distraction. However, when looking at the end of the story, Izuku wanted to say he shouldn't have let the wolf consume him, let himself be killed by the Joker, but he knew what would have happened. The alternative wasn't something he wanted, he would have never wanted to see Tsukki be hurt, be killed because of him. Unfortunately, his sacrifice was useless, she was hurt in the end, hurt from his death.

Looking at his past failure, the lose lose situation, he found himself in another one. Blood dripped down his face, it hurt so much to lose, lose his life, lose his humanity, lose the people around him. His life was pretty shit.

Izuku: fuck... it hurts...

He found himself surround by fire, it felt so real, but so dream like. Was this real? Maybe if he tried hard enough, he would find himself in his desired life, a life without a crawling insanity wanting to claw out of him, a life where he could enjoy it with Tsukki, a boring life would be better then this. Unfortunately, he has one life, a life heavier by great burdens, a burden to keep his mom's memory alive, a burden to save people, a burden to keep himself from hurting himself or others.

Izuku: how... the fuck did... this happen...

-Earlier that day-

What the fuck.