023| no cuttin' corners

23| in

23| in. out.
"Could you two quit yappin?"

+

Frankie was expected to make a full recovery. She'd spent the next day in and out of consciousness, her body exhausted and recuperating. The rest of the group had arrived at the farm, immediately holding a funeral for Otis.

Sabrina had paid her respects before gluing herself back to Frankie's side, just in case she needed anything. Daryl on the other hand had obligations. No matter if Rick told him he didn't have any. He felt as though it was his responsibility to find Sophia. Even though he wanted nothing more than to be there for the two of them. He was an anxious individual and one of the few able bodied men they had left to continue the search for Sophia.

"You sure you'll be okay out there?" Sabrina asked as Daryl appeared in the doorway. His crossbow slung over his shoulder and a steady hand on the strap. "You'll be alone, and you gave blood. Rick is staying."

"Not you too. He gave more blood anyways." Daryl groaned, pushing himself off of the doorframe and crossing the room. "I'll be fine. Quit ya worrying."

"You of all people should know that is never going to happen." Sabrina said cheekily. She stood up to pull the man into a tight embrace. "I'll worry about you until the day I die Daryl Dixon."

Daryl simply grunted, eyeing the woman carefully. She looked worn out, exhausted. The bags under her eyes were more prominent than ever and she had bit her nails to the point that blood caked them. Her posture was closed in, a sign of the exhaustion that weighed heavy on her.

He extended his arm out, awaiting the moment that Sabrina would curl into his side. It wasn't long before the woman stood, wrapping her hands around his waist and resting her head on his chest.

"We still need to talk about the CDC." She whispered and she could hear his heart rate increase. The loud beating in his chest echoed in her ear.

"I know, and we will." Daryl said whispering. "There just hasn't been a good..."

"Time, I know." Sabrina said, breaking away from the man. She understood, whatever had been going on between them had festered for over a decade. It could wait a few more days.

"I won't be long, just wanna scour the nearby area." Daryl said. He stopped by Frankie's bedside where the girl was beginning to stir. "Tell Frank I'll be back."

"Be safe!" Sabrina called after him, earning another grumble from the man.

She hid a grin before tucking her knees up to her chest again and resting her chin on top.

+

It was midday when Daryl approached an abandoned house. It looked like it hadn't been touched in ages, even before the fall. Treading lightly, he took his crossbow off of his back before kicking the door in. Any walker inside would hear that and come running towards the dinner bell.