014| risky business

After the traumatic events that left the camp with many deceased, those that still remained turned towards their tents in silence. To process what had just happened. Each person held their family a little closer. Sabrina knew she was. 

Frankie lay with her head in Sabrina's lap, letting her sister absentmindedly run her fingers through her hair. Her eyes were closed, but she wasn't sleeping. The oldest Rhodes could tell by the way she'd squint her eyes and tense up every few minutes. 

Daryl sat with his back against the tent, his form tense as he wrapped an arm around Sabrina. His crossbow lay on the side that she wasn't occupying, ready to destroy any threat that might risk the safety of his family. They didn't speak. 

After many hours, Frankie finally sits up quietly making her way to her own sleeping bag. She pulls it close to her sister and Daryl before crawling inside. The young girl couldn't fight her exhaustion any longer. Sabrina watches with an empty gaze as her sisters breathing begins to even out. 

Her mind drifts to Andrea who would never get that luxury again and breathing suddenly becomes difficult for the redheaded woman. Daryl noticing the struggle, turned to Sabrina, tearing his attention away from the front of the tent. 

"Hey Sab..." He whispers, careful not to wake Frankie. "It's okay. We're okay. Frankie is okay. It wasn't her, she's here with us." 

Sabrina closes her eyes, inhaling deeply to steady her breathing. She sinks into Daryl's shoulder once more, inhaling the smell of smoke and sweat. The woman brings her knees to her chest linking her hands together. 

"You still got blood on your face," Daryl notices, grabbing his handkerchief and splashing water on it from one of the water bottles that litter their tent. "C'mere." 

She relents, turning her face towards him, and the redneck uses gentle hands to wipe away at the blood splattered on her face. It's his turn to take care of her in this odd dance they've always done. He'd take care of her every minute of every day if she wasn't so damn stubborn. 

Sabrina sinks into the feeling, her shoulders drop releasing the tension that was in them. Daryl's touch is light, like a feather as he wipes away the blood that stains her face. Finally after one last swipe she brings her hand to Daryl's keeping it in place on her face. 

"Thank you." She whispers softly. Daryl grunts in return before turning his gaze to Sabrina's knuckles. They're bloody and bruised, something that wasn't the case when he left for Atlanta. 

"What happened here?" He asks, running his thumb carefully over the dried blood that has scabbed over. 

"Made good on my promise to Ed." Sabrina said lowly, her voice dark as she recalled the events. "Caught him looking at Frankie again, then he struck Carol straight 'cross the face." 

"Damn, piece of shit." Daryl said, even though he should've dropped Sabrina's hand he couldn't will himself to do so. He held onto them tightly, and continued running his thumb over the back of her hand. It brought him a strange sort of peace that he was thankful for. 

"Merle?" Sabrina asked, bringing up his brother. "What happened in Atlanta?" 

"He's just gone..." He said, answering her question. "Son of a bitch cut off his hand, too impatient to wait." 

"That man..." Sabrina said, shaking her head softly. "Indestructible I tell ya what." 

"Like a goddamn wolverine." Daryl said. 

"I'm sorry he ain't here though." Sabrina said, it was her turn to brush her thumb over Daryl's knuckle. His breath caught in his throat in an embarrassing manner and he found himself looking at her lip. "We butt heads, but Merle's family." 

Is There Somewhere? |Daryl DixonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara