018| ain't no baby

018| ain't no baby『"I once saw a kid in my class eat a worm on a dare

018| ain't no baby
『"I once saw a kid in my class eat a worm on a dare. 
Then again Daryl also did that once, so maybe it's just a boy thing. Carl, do you eat worms?"

+

The road was twisting and turning as the RV speed along the highway. Sabrina sat in the passenger seat, watching Daryl lead the way. She hated the fact that they had to ditch their truck but she understood why it needed to go. There simply was not enough fuel to stretch between that many vehicles. The RV was the top priority.

Daryl, kept his brother's motorcycle. It was useful for weaving in between tight spots and didn't take that much fuel to run. Still, she'd miss their truck. So many memories had existed within the old rust bucket that it was. They grew up in it.

Frankie, had begged to ride with her friends. Therefore, the Grimes family had all three kids and Carol piled into their backseat. Normally, the idea of her sister double buckling was frowned upon. Nowadays though, there weren't that many vehicles speeding around.

"You think when we get to Fort Worth I'll get my own room?" Frankie asked, after conversation about the Grand Canyon had ceased. She never gotten the chance to leave Georgia, but she always wanted to go to DisneyWorld or DisneyLand some day. Her classmates always came back from trips like that, sunburnt with all sorts of different souvenirs adorned with the talking mouse. That was something that was out of her families tax bracket, entirely unobtainable.

"That would be pretty exciting," Lori said turning back to look at the kids in the backseat. "Though, you think your sister would want that?"

"I hope," Frankie said sighing in exasperation. "She never lets me go too far."

"Oh sweetheart, you're her baby." Lori said. "Ain't her fault if you're growing up faster than she can blink."

"I ain't no baby." Frankie said, crinkling her nose. "I'm a whole 12 years old. That's basically a teen which is basically an adult."

"She's right." Sophia said, agreeing with her. Frankie smiled triumphantly. "We're big kids now."

"Oh no, not you too." Carol said, tickling the sides of her daughters stomach playfully.

"No... you'll always be Sabrina's baby." Lori spoke wisely. "Same as how Carl will always be my baby and Sophia will always be Carol's. One day, when you have kids of your own you'll understand."

"Kids are gross." Frankie said. "I once saw a kid in my class eat a worm on a dare. Then again Daryl also did that once, so maybe it's just a boy thing. Carl, do you eat worms?"

"Ew no," Carl said with a grimace. "Worms are nasty."

"How would you know that if you haven't ate one?" Frankie questioned, quirking an eyebrow at young Carl Grimes. She seemed to have bested him for a moment. He stopped, finding his train of thought before proceeding to speak.