Broken & Twisted Faith

(At the occult research club) ~ (During the First Attack)

The room is in complete awkward and heavy silence, Ayanokōji stands and stares through the window and Irina quietly sits alone on the couch fiddling with her fingers, seemingly the only one feeling the awkwardness of the room.

The rest of the Gremory Team recieved a warning from an anonymous group, and are meeting up with them at their mentioned location. Before the other's had left Rias ordered Ayanokōji to stay behind for his own safety, no matter how much he tried to convince them to join he got denied. Ayanokōji then made an exception to Rias that he wants Irina to stay behind with him, just incase the anonymous group gets past them and finds him. To which Rias agreed to.

Irina keeps giving quick and nervous glances at Ayanokōji which only makes her heart beat faster. And the ominous silence isn't helping anyone either.

Irina: (Why why, this is so strange, why'd Ayanokōji ask Rias to let me stay with him...I mean I don't mind it's nice to have some alone time with him but- I can't help this nerve-racking feeling for some reason)

Irina exchanges another glance at Ayanokōji then starts to take deep breaths as she readies herself to start conversation.

Irina: "A-Ayanokōji." (Irina says, her voice a bit shaky)

Ayanokōji turns his gaze away from the window and looks towards Irina.

Ayanokōji: "Yeah, what's up?" ~ (Ayanokōji calmly asks)

Irina gulps down nervously before speaking, as heart starts to beat faster.

Irina: "Be honest, you told Rias that I should stay behind with you....because of the kiss, didn't you?" ~ (Irina asks in a low and soft tone)

Ayanokōji looks through the window one last time then looks back at Irina with his stoic expression and slowly nods his head.

Ayanokōji: "Yeah, I did."

Irina then slightly tilts her head down and looks to the ground feeling a bit embarrassed that her theory was true.

Irina: "I see. I'm sorry if you still feel a bit violated, Ayanokōji, I just....couldn't control myself anymore. You came in my life so randomly, yet you willingly saved my life by willing putting yours in danger."

Irina clenches tightly on her skirt feeling a bit overwhelmed with emotions. She's still a bit uncertain whether it was the fact that Ayanokōji saved her life, that's giving her these feelings, or if she's just naturally drawn to him. A sad line of uncertainty, indeed.

Irina: "Even as you stand there Ayanokōji, probably thinking of how I despise you for what I did the other night, something inside me still craves to be close to you, yearns to feel you and burns to be with you in anyway possible. I've tried praying for these thoughts to rest, but....it never dies down, all my mind can think about....is you."