Chapter 14: The sketch book

-junior/september-

"Coleman," A voice snaps and I look up from my sketch book. It was lunch time and I decided to go out and enjoy the september air before it got too cold out to sit outside. New York winters are long and very cold so once the change of wether hit it was going to be like that for a while.

His familiar figure hovered over me and my work. "What?" I sigh, looking back down at my work. I was sketching a face of a girl where it's one half her face and one half a skull just out of boredom. His hand swoops down and snatches the sketch book out of my grip before I can even react. "Justin," I say in  a shaky voice. "Give that back." I hiss. 

He can't take it from me. I have really important drawings in there. I can't let the panic in my eyes show. This is just how Justin likes to rill me up. He knows it pisses me off so of course he's going to do it and if he gets a reaction out of it, it's more points for him.

"Or what?" He smirks, holding the sketch book over my head. 

I take a deep breath, "Justin... just give it back." 

He steps forward, sketch book still too high for me to reach. The tone in his voice is challenging me."I said, or what, Coleman?"  

This is too frustrating. "Just give me back my fucking sketchbook, oh my god!" I burst. Justin raises an eyebrow at me before he shrugs, chucking the book as far as he could. 

I watch in horror as it flies in the air, landing right on the roof of the school's entrance. I think I might cry. I need those drawings! I had so many important one's in there too and I spent so much time on those drawings, only to be thrown on the roof of my school by some asshole!

Justin smirks, "See you around, Coleman." 

-

Lake Coleman:

I pulled on my navy dress, throwing my high heels into my bag as I rush back forth in my bedroom, trying to compose myself.

I grab a purse and toss my makeup in, deciding i'll do my make up in the car or something. I run out my bedroom to see Will lazily laying on my couch, a bowl of cereal in his lap and his laptop and a large textbook on the coffee table in front of him.

"Running late?" He guesses and I nod frantically. "Where are my keys?!" I yell in frustration. 

"In the bowl on the table where you enter the loft." Will tells me and I go there to see my keys in the bowl. He's literally a life saver.

I run back into the kitchen to see Will holding a brown paper bag and water bottle, waiting for me. "Bless your soul, Will." I praise, grabbing the stuff from his hands. I peak into the paper bag to see a blueberry muffin inside.

He gives me a cheeky smile, "I know." 

I turn to get the hell out of the loft and rush to my car when Will shouts out, "Wait, Lake!" I stop right in my tracks and he rushes over, turning me back around with his hands firmly on my shoulders. I hear the sound of a zipper being pulled up and I realized I didn't zip up my dress.

"What would I do without you?" I sigh to my best friend who smugly leans against the wall. "If it wasn't for me, you'd probably be dead right now." 

"Haha." I sarcastically reply, getting ready to rush out the door when Will, once again, stops me. "What?" I panic. Was it my hair? Did I forget to put gas in my car? Am I missing my notes?

Will leans over, pressing a kiss to my cheek which makes me scrunch my face up, "Yuck." I say, wiping my cheek. 

It was kind of weird too since will and I aren't very touchy feely as best friends. The thought of being touchy feely with each other honestly grosses both of us out. Luckily, moment's like this are rare for us.