Chapter 4: Reunion

Songs for this chapter:

Holiday by Green Day

Hey Jude by The Beatles

~

Lake Coleman:

"Remind me why I gave you a spare key to my apartment?"

Will just rolled his eyes at me, "Because i'm your best friend." I shook my head, "I remember saying in case of emergencies." I pointed out to him. Will just snorted, searching through his cabinet. He pulled out a box of Lucky Charms and grabbed a bowl and milk.

"How was dinner and Lola and Ed's?" Will asked, shovelling a spoon full of cereal into his mouth.

"It was good. Ed and Jacob's cousin joined us last night." I mentioned. I crumpled up an un important piece of paper and aimed it to the trash, missing the trash can by a lot.

Well I guess we can cross out professional basketball player out as a back up career.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see that shameful miss because i'm such a good friend," Will said, pointing his spoon at me.

"Well when you mention that you saw my terrible shot you just make me feel awkward." I told him, getting up from my spot so I can throw the sticky out in the recycling bin, which was of course filled with a whole bunch of other sticky notes.

"Anyway, is that certain cousin hot?" He wiggled his eyebrows towards my direction.

"If you swing that way, sure." I shrugged, holding back a small smile. Will just scrunched up his nose, "No thanks, I think i'll stick to living things that have the female parts."

I just laughed, grabbing my, now empty, yogurt cup and putting it into the recycling bin under the sink. "I'm going to the bookstore in about ten minutes so feel free to do whatever while i'm gone. But I swear to god William, if you bring some girl back here I will not hesitate to whack you with a brick." I threatened.

Will laughed, shaking his head at me, "Don't worry about it, Lake."

I jogged to my room, throwing off my sleeping shirt. I grabbed a tank top and slipped on one of Will's soccer hoodies that he got when he played on his team in high school. It was grey and had his team name on the front with his last name and number on the back.

After Will returned from the trip, he brought me back a hoodie that said 'kiss my cleats' but I refused to wear it in public to his dismay. I traded my pyjama pants for a pair of dark skinny jeans and I was ready to go.

Will saw me in hoodie as I passed by, he raised en eyebrow at me, "Ooo, look at you. You're supporting the right team, Lake. I heard that player 'William Knight' is a total hottie and the best player ever." Will winked teasingly.

"Ha, yeah you wish. See you, Will."

"Goodbye, my number one fan."

I snorted at his comment and headed out the door and to the elevator. The book store was pretty near by so I didn't even have to drive there unless I really wanted to.

The weather was nice out, just a bit chilly out this morning. When I got to the store I instantly went to the 'for dummies' book section.

You see, Will and I started some sort of 'for dummies' book war. It started about two years ago when Will got me a Sëx for dummies book for my birthday that year. He thought it was hilarious.