19 - It would look a little weird if my girlfriend didn't come as my date.

Start from the beginning

He smiles even more. "Right well, this Saturday I have to be at this charity thing about two hours away, and I was wondering if you'd be my date." He holds his chin high and has a grin on his lips, and a small blush on his cheeks, too.

"Oh, well I-"

"And before you say no, it would look a little weird if my girlfriend didn't come as my date."

I look up at him and cross my arms. The weird thing is, I wasn't planning on saying no. "Okay, but what am I going to do about clothes, it's this Saturday and I've got nothing to wear."

"I've already thought about that, your dress has already been bought and my mom said that you can come over Saturday and she'll help you get ready."

There's not really a reason to say no, even though it makes my stomach so queasy I feel like I'm going to throw up. "Ok, yeah, I'll be your date," I say bashfully.

He grins from ear to ear. "Great. I'll pick you up at 12 on Saturday so we have plenty of time to... hang out beforehand." He smirks.

I can feel my cheeks heating up. "Ok, sounds fine with me. You're sure your mom's okay with helping me get ready?"

"Stop worrying, she's really excited to help you. By the way she, um, still doesn't know this isn't real."

I nod. "Alright. Good to know. Take me home now?"

****************

"Thank you again for helping me get ready, Joann," I say smiling as Asher's mom packs back up her makeup.

"Of course, Sweetie! I'm just so happy that you guys get to go have fun tonight!"

I smile as I inspect my makeup and hair in the mirror. My eyelids have a light burgundy shade on them, my lips are red too. My cheekbones are high with dark blush across them. She didn't put too much on my face, which I'm grateful for. I still look like me.

My hair is swirling into a big bun on the back of my head with two curly pieces of hair framing my face, and the bun has dark flowers placed in it.

"This really does look amazing, thank you," I say to her.

"Oh, no problem. I've had tons of experience with hair and makeup while Asher was on the road." She smiles. "Alright, now time for your dress." She smiles even more.

She goes into a big closet for a minute and then comes back out holding a dress. A really, really pretty dress.

I love it. I mean I really love it. It's a fit velvet burgundy dress with a slit down the side. It has threading where my boobs are supposed to go and thick straps. The shoes are heels made of the same material and color.

My mouth is gaping as Joann smiles at me. "You like it?" She says in a singsong voice.

"I love it, it's amazing." I smile.

I hope it wasn't too much money, because it looks expensive. I'll probably end up ruining it.

She lets out a high-pitched noise. "I knew you would!" She exclaims. "Now go! Go try it on!" She ushers me into the bathroom with the dress. I laugh a little. Okay now time to put it on.

After I get it on, I look at myself in the mirror. The dress with the hair and makeup is spectacular. It looks amazing. I walk out and she shrieks again.

"Oh my word, you look immaculate! Such a beautiful thing!" She pulls me over as I blush and smile like crazy.

She positions me in front of the mirror and stands behind me looking over my shoulder, inspecting me. "Oh, you look perfect! Asher was right about this dress!"