I'M BACK, BABY!(With Lore!)

Gregory fought back a shudder as he felt the weird, sticky-but-not thing Mike said was remnant. He couldn't even see it to avoid it, unlike Ness. Lucky her on that one.

He had become increasingly more aware of the cold areas where remnant was more common. There was a reason it had been so cold that night.

Vanessa would expertly maneuver around the pools and stains, ignoring them and staying as far away from them as possible. Which must be near impossible, as Gregory was finding that the PizzaPlex was absolutely covered in remnant.

He couldn't walk ten feet without finding a new patch. He shuddered, feeling a glob slowly pull along his ankle. He hated it. It didn't help that there were a couple vague, thin stains on some of the animatronics. Most of them, in fact.

The only ones that didn't have the stains were the new animatronics. Even Sun and Moon, who had been rebuilt almost from the ground up, had stains on parts of their casings.

Fiona had a tiny patch on one of her cheeks, and Eclipse had some on the hems of her pants, even. But it was so miniscule he could almost roll them out completely. He hadn't been around Ballora enough to know for her.

He paused as he walked beside the area they were remodeling to be a dance studio for Ballora. She was stuck roaming the employees only areas. He hadn't been around Ballora more than just standing behind Freddy when she came out.

Gregory dodged a random kid, steps faltering as he saw a vague outline of a blob on the ground. He shuddered as he stepped in more remnant, leaning down to scoop up the blob.

Almost immediately it became fully visible to him. But he was more focused on the texture as he stood again.

It was a swirling mass of colors, with a soft, smooth texture. He didn't quite know how to explain it. It made him feel cleaner, and he couldn't help a small smile.

He glanced around and held the substance with one hand as he snuck into the employees only rooms. He held it up to his face for a moment, before looking up. Roxy was staring at him.

He was startled. He traced her line of sight to the glob of... something I'm his hands. He wasn't entirely sure it was remnant.

Roxy walked in front of him, poking the blob. She crouched down, looking intently at it. He offered it to her.

She gently took it from his hands into her own remnant-stained ones. Roxy and Gregory both gasped as the remnant stuck to her hand became visible. The glob spread over the places affected, seemingly sucking it in.

It became darker as it slowly worked up her hand and around her wrist, stopping halfway up her forearm. Then, it fell off of her arm. Gregory couldn't see it anymore.

They both startled as Michael stumbled into the room. His hair was a mess and his eyes locked into the ground where the blob had fallen, and then trailed up to Roxy's arm.

He slowly stood and walked to them, holding his hands out for Roxy's arm. Roxy paused as mike took her arm as though sending something had changed.

"I've never seen remnant do that before." Mike whispered, a hint of both fear and curiosity in his voice.

Gregory tensed. Why couldn't he be normal with remnant?