Chapter 21 - The Calm Before the Catastrophe (3)

"Rinka, you there?"
A familiar sounds, yet sprinkled with an ounce of fear was heard before the door.
"You know you don't need to knock nor check whether I'm here or not, right?"
The door opened, and familiar figure was the one opening it. It was Stella.
"So, what can I do for you, my lady?"
"Hug me."
Her voice, this isn't her. She won't be this scared even while watching some horror-genre movie.
"No."
"I won't do that."
"You know very well I'm not that kind of person."
"If it really does happen, it will be very scary for me. Aren't you scared too?"
"Do you want honesty, or comforting lie?"
She, didn't choose. She shook her head as in refusing both.
"I know that, whichever I choose, you'll comfort me."
"I want to know how you really feel."
She looked straight to my eyes, waiting for the answer.
"I was the type to hold my emotion inside myself, but I don't really know what I feel right now."
"Some of me was... well, scared. The other part feel thrilled for new adventure. Another part is excited to get new knowledge, and so on, and so on."
"You're weird, you know?."
"Yeah, I always insult that very sentence to 'me'."
She smiled, albeit faintly. 
"I was glad that fate brought us together."
"Even when that very fate brought catastrophe to us?"
"Yes, even when that fate brought us calamities, I was really grateful to meet you."
Hearing that, something clicked. Is it sadness? Is it fear? Is it love?
All I know was that, some tears rolling down from my eyes.
"Human truly is weird, huh."
She hopped to my bed, sitting there.
"Come here." She said while she gesturing her hand, inviting me to join, sitting with her.
"When in doubt, just do some games. So I'm sorry, I rather free myself from the stress with my own way." Refusing her, I move towards my desk.
"Rinka, is it really fun? Gaming, I mean."
"I wouldn't say it fun, but it sure does the job that is freeing yourself."
"Then, what is fun for you?"
"Stupid question. It was making people on the internet rage while I troll nor throw the game during multiplayer match. That was really, really fun."
"Making others annoyed was fun for you? You need...nevermind, you already have one." Realizing what her upcoming words was already happened, she stopped there.
"Human can't really adapt as soon as the situation demands, some of us need longer time while the others adapt almost instantly."
"Keep talking."
"I'm the type that control how much do I need to adapt to 'survive' enough."
"Sure sure, I hate how you really seems to know what you are, yet actually completely oblivious to yourself."
"That was intentional, don't you worry."
She get out of bed, walking towards my desk.
"Teach me that."
"You want to play?"
"Mhmm."
"Let me get another controller for you, wait a bit."
I teach her to play various games, from racing to even real-time strategy games.
We played from noon to dusk.
She seems tired and sleepy. I let her sleep on the bed for a while before making her go to her own room.
And with that, first day of July passed.