My father shrugged his shoulders and embraced Luna in a hug, «does not matter, he invited us to his christmas party at the Manor. Said that if he cannot invest, then there probably will be others of his elite who will».

My mouth was slightly agape at the whole thing, «and you believe that? He is not just inviting you to make fun of us? Of you

They both sighed, making me feel alien to this family. Why did I have to feel so left out? So ordinary in the midst of extremely peculiar?

«We have to take the chance», he simply replied and Luna let go of him.

«I would love to dress up and go to a party», she pointed out and gave me the sweetest smile, «aren't you glad? Your friends will be there».

I frowned at her, «aren't you not? Draco made you fall off a fucking broom».

Xeno laid a hand on Luna's shoulder, «nothing good comes from dwelling over the past, my dear. What matters is now, and what is to come».

She smiled and seemed to agree without hesitation. I rolled my eyes.

«Fine», I drawled and left the two of them to finish decorating the tree together.

-

My father knocked on the door. Luna grinned at me before nearly breaking her neck as she gazed upwards to take in the sight of the manor. «It's huge», she whispered, «too large for such a small family, don't you think? You could get lost».

I sighed and refrained from answering, instead I made sure my dress was alright. I had chosen a red one. It was tight fitting, a little short, and therefore quite the opposite of our school uniform, which was partly why I chose it. I was tired of feeling like a grey church mouse. But I was cold as all hell.

«Welcome to the Malfoy Manor», a little houseelf spoke up as the door opened, «the Master will be delighted to see you».

Luna's eyes crinkled at their sides as she smiled at it, her face bright with glee, «hello», she said softly. But it didn't take long till I saw the worry appear in her eyes by the sight of how poorly the elf looked.

However, without further ado we followed the elf inside. He hadn't given us a name, but I didn't mind. I always found it best that way. A name always made things more emotional.

By the way Draco had always behaved, I wasn't entirely surprised to see a houseelf in such bad shape.

He took us further into the house, and eventually we stopped in a large living room that bounced with music and chatter.

The three of us stood there like idiots. My father and Luna were dressed like they were going to a carnival or as if they were working at the circus. While all we saw in that room were grown men dressed in suits and similar dark outfits. Some of them had women by their sides, while most did not. I probably should have chosen black too.

«Welcome to our home», a sweet voice interrupted my spiraling, handing my father a glass of what I instantly recognised as firewhiskey, «I am Narcissa Malfoy, pleased to meet you». At least she had chosen something else than black, as she wore a stunning deep green pencil skirt with a white blouse.

Xeno nodded in acknowledgement and accepted the drink, «Xenophilius Lovegood, these are my daughters, Luna and Leonie».

I cleared my throat, «Leo», I corrected him and sighed, «can I have a drink also?»

Narcissa scanned me up and down and offered me a smile, «you must be Draco's friend. They're all in the library next door. He will have plenty of drinks to share, my lovely».