11 • The Bitch

«What happened to your cheek?», Luna asked as she ran her fingers along the castle wall. I was accompanying her to the Ravenclaw tower, hoping to spot her shoe somewhere along the way. The sound of her nails scraping against the sturdy rocks on the walls gave me the ick. It sent shivers down my spine, but I refrained from telling her off. Her morning had already been eventful enough, I supposed. She didn't need my bickering.

I watched her slight limp as she continued on only in one shoe.

«None of your concern», I simply replied, to which she mused and hummed curiously.

«You don't usually get into fist fights», she pointed out. She was right. I preferred to fight people with words. They lasted longer than a bruise, if used correctly.

«You're right. I didn't», I cleared my throat and pointed ahead, «there it is».

Her face beamed with joy as she skipped down the hall towards the little white shoe, «they always return».

Rolling my eyes at her disgustingly positive outlook on life I turned on my heel to leave.

But there was something that had occupied my mind for a while that I wanted to ask, so I closed my fists and sighed before I spoke, «has Professor Snape been helping you?»

«Oh, yes», Luna replied softly as she put her shoe back on, «just with some potions. He thinks they will help, but I know they won't».

«Still.. you're letting him?»

She gave me a genuine smile then, «it's nice to feel needed. Isn't it?»

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. «Sure», I mumbled.

He doesn't deserve your gullible kindness, Luna. No one truly does. Not even me.

«Thanks for the help», she smiled as she passed me, suddenly in a rush. I cocked an eyebrow in confusion.

«You didn't really need it, did you?», I yelled after her as her bubbly self wandered down the hall. Her giggles bounced between the walls.

«See you later Leonie», she replied, leaving me standing there like fish out of water. Completely alone in Ravenclaw territory.

I better get out of here.

-

The question about the mark on my cheek, that was barely visible by the way, kept on haunting me that day.

For a moment I wished I had taken that hufflepuff girl up on her offer of hiding it with more makeup. Instead I had flipped her off and stomped ahead. Just a natural reaction to their... yellow presence.

I had skipped classes though, and I had skipped meals. But there was one thing I had decided, and that was not to skip his class. I wasn't about to give him that satisfaction.

«Hey assholes», I muttered as I joined up with Pike and Blaise. They both wore the look of surprise, but only Pike replied with a similar gesture. «I see you're still angry», I pointed out and clicked my tongue, eyeing the boy I'd seen naked a countless amount of times. Blaise raised an eyebrow.

«You attacked me», he said.

«So? Wasn't that the whole point? And I thought you liked it rough», I replied dryly and pointed to the door, «we standing in the hallway all day, or should we get in?»

«You're eager for some potions», Pike chuckled awkwardly. Hoping to change the subject, I assumed. His cheeks had gone awfully red.

«I'm just here to pass», I shrugged and gave him a fake smile. Blaise had lost all will or skill to speak, as he'd gone silent. That was, until he noticed my slightly reddened cheek.