18.

Sha'Carri Richardson
________

"My relationship with my boyfriend took a toll on my mental health. There was a lot of things going on behind the scenes"

"But you're good now?" my interviewer asked before I kind of shrugged

"I'm working on it, it's gonna take a lot" I said before she nodded her head

"Understandable" she nodded her head, "As far as track, what are your plans?"

"During the summer I'm gonna get back in the lab. I'm coming back next season, I gotta prove myself"

"That's what the world wanna see, the internet is talking crazy. I'm sure you see what's being said, they doubting you"

"I see what's being said, but I don't pay it attention. Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes, so they're gonna talk. Doubting me is only making me hungrier"

"Do you think next season will be easy for you?"

"It's definitely gonna be a challenge, but I'm making my comeback. I'm making my comeback, and it's gone be for me" she started clapping proudly while smiling

"I love to hear it, I love it. What's your goal for the upcoming season?" she asked before I sighed before smiling

"To shut the internet up, and to get a championship. I want a ring"

"Y'all hear it, she speaking into existence" she said excitedly causing me to smile, "I can feel the impact you're about to make"

We finished up the interview before me and my team left out. I ain't had a interview in a good minute, so at first I was nervous.

It went good though.

"Sha'Carri you stated that you're having relationship problems. Are you single?" Paparazzi asked before I shrugged while continuing to walk

"Sha'Carri are you single?" another lady asked causing me to side eye her

"Yes"

"Next year is your last year, what are your plans after graduating?" somebody from behind me asked

That's actually a great question, I don't know.

When I ended my season, it was fuck school. So, now I'm a semester behind. As of right now, I'm tired of doing school work.

The only problem is I have to be in school in order to run track. They're not just gonna let me be on the team if I'm unenrolled.

On top of that, I'll be a dummy if I dropout. I don't pay for school, I came here on a full scholarship.

I'm covered.

I hurried up to the black truck with my team following behind me. Paparazzi and supporters don't know what personal space is.

Damn.

"I'm on the way" I said to A'ja over the phone, who was outside of my house, "We have another stop"

She hung up before I sat back scrolling on my phone. My phone is blowing up because I may or may not have said some crazy stuff in the interview.

I should've held back especially because it was live. Everybody was watching and listening, but it is what it is.

After parting ways with my team, we headed to my house. We pulled up and I spotted Aja, she got the seat leaned all the way back.