19.

Sha'Carri Richardson
________

I had another talk with A'ja, just to get her to understand where I'm coming from. She don't understand where I'm coming from at all.

She don't want me talking to Jermaine at all.

He is blocked, and I haven't talked to him since then. I realized that in order for me to become unattached to him, he need to stay blocked.

She gone call me crazy cause she don't know the real him. She only know the abusive him, and I feel bad for her.

Aside from all that, we been good. I'm tryna gain her trust cause it's looking bad for me. She don't trust nothing I say.

She leaves tomorrow because her and the team is going to New York. It's some kind of tournament happening, but I don't remember.

I just know it's important and it's mandatory for her to be there.

"You shooting with your damn eyes close" A'ja said before busting out laughing, "Open your eyes"

"They open"

"Then, we ain't looking at the same goal" she said before I started laughing a little

"You know I don't know how to play basketball. This ain't fair, I don't know why you got me in here"

"Check" she passed the ball to me before I sighed and snickered a little

"You been saying that the whole time, what the fuck is a check?"

"Just pass the ball back" I passed it back before she ran to the goal and shot the ball

"I don't wanna play no more"

"Cause you ain't trying" she said while rushing to get the ball

"I really am, I just ain't know you was gone do that. It don't matter if I try, I'm gonna lose"

"Poor stink stink" she said while stepping in front of me and palming the ball

She held it over her head as I just stared at her with no expression. She getting a kick out of this, and it's not funny.

"Come on"

"Get the ball" she said while continuing to hold it over her head, "Get it, and i'll buy you seafood"

"No, you said you was buying it before we even got here" she pouted mocking me before I turned around, "Bye"

"Aight, come here"

"No, let's go to the track and we gone see who get the last laugh" she busted out laughing as I kept making my way to the bleachers

"Why, so you can beat me around the track?"

"And get the last laugh, yeah" I spat out causing her to bust of laughing again, "You think shit funny"

"I do"

I watched as she made her way over to me before nudging my shoulder. She laughed to herself as I collected my stuff while mugging her.

I hate losing, so the fact that she laughing got me mad as hell. I'm ready to beat her ass on the track so she can stop feeling her self

"Come on"

"We can leave, but we not going to no track"

"Why?"

"Cause didn't you say you need to go to your grandma house?" she asked before I just nodded, "And you still gotta get your hair done"

"You just don't wanna get whooped, but whatever" I said before beginning to walk off with her behind me

We left out the gym before returning the ball to the front desk. We left out after making our way to the car.

I have to go to my grandma house to pick up my mail. We running behind time because A'ja wanted to come to the gym, and we ended up staying overtime.

I have a hair appointment in the next hour and a half, so I can't stay long.

"You gone drop me off to my appointment and bring the seafood back to me?" I asked before she shook her head no

"Why would you eat seafood in the hair salon?" she asked before I shrugged, "You gone have that girl shop smelling like crabs"

"I don't care, I'm hungry"

"It's fast food restaurants around here, pick one"

"I been waiting on my food all day, and you wanna talk about fast food" I said now getting irritated with her

"You know what, I'll get it and you better eat everything. Since you act like you dying"

"I'm just hungry"

"Hungry people don't be picky, they take what they can get" I started laughing because ain't no way she just said that

"I'm different"

"Right" she mumbled

I put my grandma's address in the GPS before sitting back. Almost after thirty minutes passed, we finally made it. I can't believe she got us on the opposite side of town like this.

All cause she wanna come to a five start gym.

I got out leaving A'ja in the car to wait because I'm going in and out.

"Every time you come over here, I forget to give it to you" my grandma said while handing me the mail

"I can tell cause ain't no way this pile of mail this big"

"Hopefully it ain't no checks in there" she started laughing before I shook my head

She better hope it ain't no checks in here, shit.

"You better hope"

"It ain't none in there, and you got somebody outside. Tell them to come in"

"I'm just in and out cause I got a hair appointment to be at" she shrugged her shoulders indicating that she didn't care

"So, she can at least come in and speak. She got her car parked in my driveway"

I made my way outside to the car before instructing for her to get out the car. She immediately refused standing firm on her decision.

Okay.

"You think I'm finna go in there and she already don't like me?"

"She never said that, nobody said that" I spoke causing her to shrug aggressively

"I ain't getting out this this car"

"A'ja she don't even know it's you, she don't know what you look like. If you go in there acting weird then she is"

"I'm not even ready to meet her, I ain't moving" she said before I sucked my teeth before shrugging

I don't even care for real cause her coming in ain't a good idea anyway.

I went back in before letting my grandma know she wasn't getting out. It's nothing she can do but accept that.

She didn't really make a big deal out of it, thank God.

I just need peace.