16.

Sha'Carri Richardson
________

My cousins made Jermaine apologize — like sincerely. He was acting so frantic, and I just thought it was weird.

I just know they beat his ass because his black eye told it all. He barely would even look at me, I'm shocked.

I haven't seen him or talk to him since.

"You home to stay?" my grandma asked me before I sighed and nodded

"Yeah, I'm not catching anymore flights unless I have to. I'm home to stay"

"I'm glad cause you had me worried" she said causing me to laugh a little

"Grandma nothing was wrong"

"Something was wrong and I should've took a shovel and knocked some sense into you. How your meet go?"

"Meet?" I asked her in a confused manner while holding a confused look on my face

"You said you and the team flew out for a meet. Ain't you back running?"

I was just sitting there confused before finally remembering. Before the argument happened with A'ja, I lied and told her we wasn't talking no more.

I also told her I'm finishing out my season. I only told her that because she was gonna question why I was catching a flight.

I needed a way to be back on speaking terms with my grandma. She wouldn't talk to me if A'ja was in the picture.

"Oh yeah, we did have a meet" I said kind of nervously before she gave me a crazy look

"Carri don't be bullshitting with me. You still talking to that girl?"

"Grand —"

"It's yes or no" she said before my phone started vibrating causing me to look down

You speak of somebody and they shall appear.

"Wait hold on grandma, I need like two minutes" I said before quickly walking away and going down the hall, "Hello"

"What you doing, you got time to talk?" A'ja asked as I heard noise in the background

"Five minutes" I said before looking at the time at the top of my phone

"Alright cool, first and foremost, I wanna ask how you been — how your day going?"

I started smiling because that's not what I expected. For some reason, I thought she was finna come at me crazy.

"I been good, just going with the flow of life. My day going good, I been inside all day. How you been?"

"Missing you, you miss me yet?" she asked causing me to chuckle and sigh a little

"I miss you, I'm not gone sit across this phone and lie. I miss you, A'ja"

"That's all I need to know, but princess I was just calling to apologize. I understand the situation from both perspectives, I don't want you to think I'm a asshole"

"I don't think you a asshole, A'ja. You just reacted with your emotions cause of your feelings towards me. I don't think you know how to control your emotions"

"No, I know how to control them. It just seemed like you was playing with my feelings" I hummed in response while nodding

"I'm not though because before my grandma got in the equation, we was good. I just want you to understand that my grandma the only one I got"

"Yeah, I understand that princess and that's why I said I understand from both perspectives" she said before it got quiet

"So what we doing?" I broke the silence before she cleared her throat