I swear it's not me

"It would be better if we made it public as well as canceling the game," L affirmed as he glanced around the room.

"And checkpoints set up around the stadium, Tokudome" L glanced at me. His tone never lightened up. His eyes looked worried as he spoke, almost like a hidden fear that no one could genuinely see behind that glance of power he holds, the intelligence that hides the emotion.

"Light and Y/N can still play the game and act like Light is Kria." L's eyes never looked away from mine. He kept his glances at me, wanting to protect me, but all he could do was hope.

"That is insane. You can't just allow my son to go out and pretend to be a heartless killer, let alone go to meet another one." Light's father spoke up, almost slamming his fits on the table as L looked over. His eyes narrowed before relaxing.

"There should be no harm unless the real Kria shows up, and the chances of that are slim with the number of cameras that will be set up around the Stadium," L protested and cleared his throat.

"But then again, there could be more to the little diaries' entries; the journals could have some type of hidden meaning to them," L added, looking down at his hands now on the table before he picked up a cup, taking a small sip of the tea black, the only way he drinks or at least the only way I've seen.

"What could they mean by the shinigami "power?" we need to check all the places that the journals stated, making it clear that they won't be able to hide," L commanded, looking around the room, making it clear that this was going to happen they are going to try to find the copy cat Kria and isn't going to stop till they see them and stop them. I just wish they wouldn't pair me and Light up together. They are only doing this so that he'll "work better" just because he still likes me. I wish he would understand that night will never happen again, that one-time fling is all it'll ever be, and who knows what Light will try when we are alone? I don't want to have to deal with that empty feeling again.

"Just look out for people holding notebooks in this location." L reached over, grabbed the diary on the coffee table, and passed it around the room. I kept my eyes on the darkly colored item, and nothing seemed right. Almost as if it was some trick, why would the other Kria write down all the locations they would be at just to hand over the diary to the Sukra station to be aired? Just none of it made sense to me. Once the book was passed to me, I felt a wave of uneasiness wash over me, not fear, just uncertainty, almost as if I touched his diary. We would all be at significant risk, and it would be all my fault. I gulped, taking the diary and flipping through the lightly colored pages that felt rough against my fingers. I barely flipped through them, passing the book off the Light as he continued around the cycle. I hated the way that pieces of paper made me feel as if death was right around the corner, and no matter how hard I try, there's no avoiding it. And both boys would be coming with me. That same feeling never left the more I had to stand by. Light the anger that raided off him not at me or L but at...something else? I felt a shiver echo down my back; it was a strange anger coming off him, an urge of power and anger as if there was something he was not telling us. I approached L, watched him lift his cup, and handed it to me.

"You seem stressed. Here, just take it easy. You joined at an intense moment," L calmly spoke as I took the cup from his hands, taking small sips of sweeter tea. It was not something I would typically enjoy, yet L was kind to me. Why would I turn down an offer like that? I looked back over at Light, who now had all his anger and aggressive urge that bounced off him like he was some type of shield all directed at L, looking like it would be seconds before L's head was ripped off his body. Of course, Light would never act on that emotion, even more so with his father in the room watching this happen as if it were a test.

"There is nothing we can do but set up cameras and patrol in those locations, and then we might catch something as well as have some undercover officers," L concluded, grabbing onto my hand another squeeze of everything will be okay, or at least that's what I tell myself that's what I hope I hope everything will be alright that Kria and the other area will be stopped. I can go back to trying to get my life so that the mess that was left behind when Kria likely killed my father.