Bus Crash

I felt the cold chill rush over my skin, following just shortly behind the guys. They rushed past nurses and doctors, yet no one stopped us as Light gathered where his father dragged me along. Yes, I'm upset, but then again, I just want to get home, do my work, and pretend I'm an ordinary high school student for a little while. Light slammed the door open, seeing his father lying in the brightly colored hospital bed. It was the first time I'd ever seen his father. I couldn't help but let out a small gasp seeing this man for the first time, and yet I saw him on what could have been a deathbed.

"It's alright..." The man spoke, struggling to sit up and looking over at Light. L pulled me into a chair to sit.

"It was a stress-caused heart attack, nothing that kria did." The man touched Light's hands as Light couldn't speak, still in awe and shock.

"I doubt it helps that Light is a suspect in the Kria case," L spoke, calm but commanding as I sat there in pure awe. How could L just state that he wasn't keeping it a secret the whole reason he was going to my school?

"As well as Light knows, I'm L, so we don't need the fake names in this room." L Addressed me, sitting in the chair next to me in the same crow-like position. There is just something about him that is very intelligent, but then again, he sits like a crow.

"Yes, I've noticed the other officers calling you by the fake name," Light father added as I sat there, jaw dropping to the floor. WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL LIGHT! DAMN, IT L!

"I don't care what L is. " Light gripped his father's hands, looking at his family with pure rage if anything happened to you.

"I will personally hunt Kria down myself and kill him," Light fumed. I watched, cringing at his own words. This man is unstable, and I couldn't be more scared around him.

"Light, you would make a great officer one day." His father stopped the rage, wanting it to simmer down slowly. I let out a heavy sigh as L touched my thigh, giving it a slight squeeze of comfort before a nurse popped her head into the room.

"Sorry...but visiting hours are over," She said as everyone looked at her.

The outside air stung my skin, causing me to cross my arms to hide the chicken skin that raced up and down my arms and legs.

"What can I do to prove I'm not Kria?" Light argued, turning L as he kept a distance between Light and I.

"Is the only reason you've been keeping Y/N from me!?" Light didn't yell, but his tone became stricter. L closed the distance, keeping me close to him, yet away from Light standing outside the hotel, the concrete under my feet with the black Limo just inches away from us.

"How would you feel if people thought you were Kria?" Light got closer to L, who never backed down but just sighed.

"Awful..." My voice shook just a little, causing my heart to break the amount of emotion. I touched his arm, wanting to comfort him to take the pain he felt away. L reached over, grabbing my hand very slightly and almost telling me he was okay. He's been through typically so cold a tiny bit of emotion could scare anyone. Even me. I watched as l grabbed my hand, leading me around Light, keeping his eyes on him.

"If you weren't guilty, then you have nothing to prove, Light," L Advised, opening the door to the limo and pushing me in gently to keep me as far from Light as he could or at least be protective. L slid in next to me, closing the door on Light, who I could swear the Scarlet eyes had to mean more than just something I was seeing. Can L seem them to right? I'm not just seeing these changes. I gulped, knowing he wouldn't be very pleased with me the next time I visited Light.

"Is he going to be okay? We just left him outside the hospital," I asked, looking at L, who had the driver take off and watching the world pass me by.

"He'll be fine. He's a smart man and can take care of himself. We shouldn't worry about a suspect who doesn't believe he could be Kria." L premised, keeping me in the dark about most of this case, as always.