Journals

"So much information could go into who this other Kria is." I bounced around, picking up the spare pieces of paper and handing them to him.

"Hell, it could even be a woman for all we know. The evidence is there; look at how fast the other Kria response is." I yelled, smiling ear to ear. I was just happy to be able to help for once. L placed his hand on my shoulder, his grip firm but gentle, as he sat me on the bed.

"I'm happy you discovered all this, but you must relax. Cherished," L advised, his eyes never looking away from mine. He just wants to keep me safe, but I want to help. I know I can help and have the skills to help even more if the other Kria is a woman. I gave a low huff as I watched L put away all the information I had gathered. It means so much to catch this man who killed my father, and yet I'm being held for safety.

"I just want to help even if it means I risk being near Light," I said, letting out a small huff, crossing my legs and crisscrossing on the bed.

"And why do you keep calling me cherished?" I asked, leaning forward, trying to read him as he moved around the room.

"It's your code name; it's for safety. I picked it because I thought it was fitting," L responded as he handed me a handful of shower supplies, from shampoo to bathwash to a sugar scrub. I watched L lean forward, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Now go shower and relax, and that's a command," L grumbled as I let out a small huff, walking over to the bathroom and getting ready to shower. The one thing I hate is that they don't let me help. I am useful. I know I am. Just because I'm slightly younger than L doesn't mean I can't be helpful. It's a group of men and only men. They need a female view in case the other Kria is female! I let out another huff, letting the shower water wash over me, enjoying the same items L gave me to make myself smell good. I don't know how to look better. He's sweet like that, giving me things I didn't ask for, maybe just to keep me happy so I wouldn't want to leave. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed at the idea of being called Cherished, but then I didn't want it to stop. I love the idea of the nickname that L calls me, that he loves me like I have a slight crush on him. I quickly stepped out, throwing my clothing over my body, a black tank top and some shorts, just enough not to be too reliving, as I left the bathroom looking out into the room. L was flipping through pages, mumbling to himself. He's paying attention to what I did, not just passing it over. I let a smile spread across my face.

"This is excellent information. Maybe this could be good for the case, depending on whether shinigami are even a part of this, but then again, how insane does that sound?" L placed the papers on the desk, looking over at me as I smiled nervously. Now, he's doubting it...doubting me.

"But you could be better than a simple distraction for Light to keep him from finding the truth," L advertised as I felt the smile drip away. I'm not just a distraction, but he'll never see that.

"I would love to help more than just being a distraction," I uttered, walking over to him.

"I know I can do something more than just being the pretty face," I said with my hands as L gripped them, moving them down to my sides.

"I can make that happen, cherished, but your safety is also important in case Light is Kria," L warned as he pulled me over to the couch, having me sit.

"Relaxing and staying aware of your surroundings and not letting anyone into this hotel is more important than the Kria case when you're part of it," L stressed as I huffed on the couch. L walked back over, handing me a magazine.

"I thought maybe you would like this?" L asked, handing the magazine to me with a blonde girl with red lips plastered on the cover, a model, but something about her made me feel uneasy. She seems so... different and strange.