37. The Truth

More than 4,000 words...don't forget to vote and comment!

Mridula's POV

Before any of us could say anything, Uday stalked closer to me and held my wrist before tugging me inside. I felt a dull ache in my knee trying to match with his huge strides.

Once we got in, the rest of the family had a surprised look on their faces, especially Masi.

"You said that she was in your room..."

Uday ignored her words and kept moving towards the room.

He locked the room harshly behind us after pushing me in. I tried to keep a neutral expression, ignoring the pain in both my rib and left elbow.

"Where were you?" He asked as soon as I turned to face him.

"Out!" I gave a one word reply. Still trying to figure out how much I could tell him.

"Mridula...Don't!" He warned as he rolled his sleeves up while still staring at me. I swallowed the burn of his heated gaze.

"Where were you?" He raised his brow at me in disbelief as if he didn't expect that I would question him.

"Why should I tell you the truth when you always lie to me?" I asked. A little anger getting into my veins too.

He stalked closer to me and took a step back. "The reason is simple...because I am asking you!"

I scoffed at his words.

"What was so important that you had to go out at that time of the night?" He rephrased the question again.

"And what was so important that you had to leave me here?" I knew that I was playing with fire. But if I give in, he'll know something is wrong!

"Fine, don't tell where you were..." I narrowed my eyes as his words came out in a calm manner.

"But why were you with Raghav?" His eyes held a dangerous glint in them. His words were accusatory.

"I don't want to tell you!" He nodded at my words as he looked down at the small space between us.

"I have been very clear since the beginning...I don't like sharing what's mine, Mridula!"

He lifted his head to fix his gaze on me. "And you are mine!"

I would have admired the tenacity of his words had I not felt only hate and anger for this man.

He stepped closer and then gripped my arm, luckily the one that wasn't hurt and tugged us towards the bath.

He only left once we were standing under the shower, more like I was!

"And I will not stand another man's touch on...not even if that man is my cousin!" His hand reached behind me and a surprised yelp left my mouth as the cold water poured down on me.

I felt his eyes on me...all over me as if he was making sure that water washed away the invisible dirt.

I tried to walk past him but he blocked my way. A slight push placed me directly under the stream of water.

"Now, will you tell me?" He asked again.

"No thank you...I feel very comfortable here!" I said trying not to inhale the water. The next thing I know, I was yanked away from under the shower and pressed against another wall.

My eyes squeezed shut as he held my bruised elbow. My body trembled in pain but I kept my lips pursed to not let out an alarming sound. I felt him still and that made me open my eyes to find him looking at me questioningly.