11.Concern

Mridula's POV

It was a lazy Sunday for all of us. Abhiraj Uncle had kept a brunch today and invited some guests over. Veer had gone for a golf match early morning with some business associate.

So, today official is a boring day for me!

The brunch was arranged in the garden on the west wing which was far from my room. I was contemplating whether to go or not. But then my mom's angry face flashed in front of my eyes. I quickly wore a light green long summer dress and made my way to the garden. I was crossing the outer corridors of the palace when I saw everyone sitting there around a long table with white umbrellas for shading them from the sun.

I was about to walk close to them when I noticed not one person from my age group was present there.

Who am I supposed to talk to?

I am not going now...even if that means getting my mom angry...so be it!

I saw my mom look up in my direction and I hid myself from her eyes by leaning against one of the walls. I retraced my steps and spun around to run from there. I think she is waiting for me. But I am not going there.

I quickened my pace and dashed away while turning right to another corridor. I kept walking by following the path of the corridors. I took a left turn and crossed another corridor to reach a garden I had never seen before. It was a well-maintained garden with a flower bed lined at the very end and then after that, I saw a few trees planted there. I decided to go across those trees. It wasn't like I had anything better to do today.

I carefully walked around the flower bed and crossed the trees, only to discover a stable behind it. Few horses were running around the arena and workers were busy working.

So, I decided to walk back without disturbing them. I was just one step away from the flower bed when my eyes caught a movement. I looked at that direction to find...

A garden lizard....my worst fear...the thing that I am most scared of...I have a mini heart attack when I see them and I am not kidding!

Fear coursed through my body...I wanted to run but it seemed as if I had gotten paralyzed. I saw it getting closer to me...that's when I run.

I didn't know where I was running but I didn't stop. I turned around to see if it was still there. Luckily, it wasn't...

I turned back in relief and I didn't noticed when my foot hit a stone. I fell on my stomach and a shriek left my mouth. I tried getting up but I couldn't.

Suddenly, I saw a pair of shining black shoes and looked up to find....Uday!

I saw him looking at me with concern.

"What are you doing, Princess?" He asked as he offered his hand to me. I readily took it and I stood up by leaning against him. Not caring about the pain, I asked him while gripping his arm.

"I feel like it's on me... Is it on me...? Look at me carefully and tell me..."

He raised his eyebrows in question and asked, "What, Mridula?"

"The lizard, Uday!" I whispered as I placed some of my weight on my left foot and leaned for his support as I placed my hand on his chest.

"Dekhiye na!" (Look!) I said again as I distanced us a bit but still kept my hand on his forearm.

I felt his gaze travel around my body and brushing away the sudden shyness I was feeling, I waited for his reply in fear.

"You are bleeding, Mridula!" His tense voice and high pitch felt like he was shouting at me. He was about to bend down to examine my wound when I stopped him.