2.First meeting

The next day, Mridula came downstairs to find Narayan and Leela having their breakfast. Vaidehi was nowhere to be seen. She took her seat beside Leela and asked,

"Papa, where is mom?"

Narayan looked up at Mridula while keeping the newspaper aside,

"Beta, she has gone to the temple!"

"Oh!" That was the only reply Mridula could give as her gaze fell on the scrumptious pancakes in front of her. She put caramel sauce on it and then started devouring the cakes.

They were then informed that Digvijay was here to meet them.

As he walked in, dominance radiated through his stance.

After greeting Narayan, he turned to Mridula who gave him a blissful smile. She knew she had to make him reject her but how can she be in a sour mood if she is having pancakes for breakfast.

He turned to Leela and Mridula saw his eyes shine while talking to her and his reply proved it.

"I am good...now that you have asked!" He had said the last part in a low octave but enough for Mridula's sharp ears to hear.

Only when Narayan asked him for breakfast did Digvijay look away from Leela. He nodded and took a seat across them.

Then, he apologized to them for his behavior the previous day. Mridula knew that men like him don't easily apologize to anyone but today he did.

She saw him looking at Leela.

His eyes widened a little when he saw Leela's smile.

Mridula shouldn't think about using her sister to get out of this situation but what's the harm in trying.

After all this apologizing streak, Digvijay turned to Mridula and said,

"If it's okay with you, I wanted to talk to you alone?"

The spark in his eyes changed to a blank expression while saying this.

'I guess his eyes only shine when he talks to my little sister!'

"Can I take her out for coffee, Uncle?"

Digvijay asked Narayan respectfully.

'Why can't he ask me straight away...? I am over eighteen for God's sakes.' Mridula thought as she excused herself to get ready.

Mridula decided to wear a formal shirt and a pair of pants as she thought that she'll leave for her office after talking to him. She moved out to find Digvijay waiting for her but she couldn't find Leela anywhere.

~~~~~~

They both were sitting at Coffee House, sipping coffee when Digvijay spoke up.

"Look, I don't like to sugarcoat. So, I'll come straight to the point."

"You like my sister?" Mridula asked as she sipped her frappucino.

"Yes, how do you know?"

Men can be so stupid to think that women don't notice... We notice everything. Mridula thought before answering him.

"I have seen how you stare at her."

"I like her and I want to spend time with her."

"I have a plan, you invite us to Jaipur and then you'll get to spend time with her. I'll help you don't worry yaar." Mridula said with a big smile on her face.

Digvijay raised his brow when he heard her call him 'yaar'.

"What?.... You are going to be my brother-in-law. I can call you anything." She said while sipping her coffee. The bad feeling of using her sister for this situation diminished a little thinking about her future happiness.