Epilogue: The Perfect Beginning

Everything was beautiful

Everything was beautiful. Perfect, even. Well, of course, any day like this was bound to be described like that--a wedding; utter perfection.

There were your waiters walking around with trays of appetizers, friends, and family mingling behind the beautiful sets of white, decorated chairs. Four colors of flowers were displayed, each representing one of the men vowing their lives to the others today. A light blue for Jeno, a yellow for Donghyuck, a pink for Jaemin, and Mark, green flowers. They adorned the sides of the chairs, decorating the aisle the four would walk between. There were some more on the altar and Renjun would carry a bouquet of the flowers that represented his best friend. Mark and Jeno's best friends also did the same, for Donghyuck, Taeyong would be the one carrying his flowers since he didn't have anyone else that deserved the honor.

A marriage like theirs was illegal, on paper at least. Desperate to show their bond and officiate their relationship in front of all the people that they care about, the four decided to have a small ceremony. They would have all the usual things a wedding has--the vows, the 'I do's, kisses, just, well without the paper but who needs that anyway?

It was a small ceremony, the attendance of less than 50 people but it was extravagant. That with everyone in their suits and their long fancy dresses. Cocktail glasses and cute mini cupcakes and macaroons and tiramisu in mini plastic wine glasses.

In separate rooms, the grooms rested all with their own set of nerves.

"Are you sure the balloons will get there on time? The reception is in two hours!" Jaemin exclaimed frantically, pacing back and forth.

"Jaem, I need you to trust us," his brother said, taking a step towards the crazed man although he decided that was enough, space was what the younger needed.

"A- And what about the waiters? Have they arrived at the venue? And! The flowers. When they came earlier, they said they would deliver the rest later. Have they arrived?" He questions, his nails inside his mouth.

"Jaem, seriously, you need to calm down. Come on, count with me," Renjun spoke, taking the man's hands in his.

They began with breathing exercises and once the about-to-be-married man had calmed down, he breathed out, "Thank you," to both his best friend and brother.

He takes a seat and puts his hands on his face.

"Your makeup!" Renjun exclaims, taking his hands in his with a nervous laugh. "Don't mess it up too much. Your hair too. Be careful."

"I don't even know why I'm nervous... You don't think they'll change their mind, right? I mean, they had the time to change their mind. They had six months so why would they suddenly say no at the altar? That's impossible, right?" The man in his pink suit murmured, mostly to himself.

"You're right. They had six months, then two years, and another seven years, and don't forget about that one year before those seven years, which makes it a total of nearly 11 years. Jaemin, I don't think you have anything to worry about," the man says with an easy and sure grin.