Chapter 34

-----Jaemin-----

-----Jaemin-----

The guys and I have always had a way of knowing what the other was saying through our eyes. As if we just knew the right words with a simple look and we knew unspoken words from the others--words we were sometimes afraid to say out loud.

I was glad that Mark was still part of this connection (unless I was being deluded). His eyes said to me that he was ready to talk. Underlying the words he had said out loud, he told me that we should speak.

A sense of relief washed over me at this realization. The feeling was accompanied by a fast-beating heart and sweaty hands, showing the multiple emotions that I felt.

I squeezed Donghyuck's hand which had gone right above my knee and had stayed there since Mark-Hyung made eye contact with us. He turns to look and me and glances at the older, unable to ignore his presence. He frowns, a silent question asking what's wrong but I smile. I was happy because I could feel good news coming and I wanted to let him know. He lets out a small, scoff-like laugh and squeezes my hand back.

Mark-Hyung stands up, stepping away from the table without a word. I follow and then Donghyuck does the same.

We excuse ourselves from our friends and in return, they all look at us with curiosity and confusion. Even those who knew of our history seemed to share the emotion and looked at one another, wondering what we were about to do.

I didn't have time to dwell and be amused by their expressions because soon, I was following the eldest out of the bar. He looks around for a few seconds before spotting a certain car, Donghyuck's car, and we all head over there, piling right in. The owner of the vehicle was the last one to get inside after getting off of a phone call. He sat next to Mark who had taken the driver's seat, just like he usually did.

We stay silent, still for a minute or so. I think the three of us were hoping that the right words would just come right out to fill the car but they didn't for a long time.

Donghyuck inputs an address into the car's GPS. "Drive," he commands, handing the other man his keys.

Mark-Hyung listens without retort and drives out of the parking lot. I laugh quietly in the back, behind my hand. Laughing didn't feel appropriate, silence did but when things like these happened, it was impossible. It was the way that Mark-Hyung still wanted to make us happy by complying with our every word.

I had once told him about that habit of his only for him to look confused and reply that he had never noticed he did it. Then, he said he must do it because they aren't hard tasks and if he can do a small thing for us, he would. He proceeded to tell me that he would even go to the ends of the Earth if we asked. I chuckled and kissed him that day, shaking my head, and finding the confession endearing.

I watch him while he drives. He has a frown on his face, thinking deeply, I presume. The orange street lights reflect on his face and his hair. His hair looks golden and his face is perfect under the lights; it's hard to explain. Beauty, though, was a word to describe it yet didn't give the image of him justice.