Chapter 12

-----Jeno-----

-----Jeno-----

I haven't been able to sleep in the last week, relying on tossing and turning every night or simply staring out my room's window or the ceiling. No matter how hard I tried, sleep rarely overtook me and the fact was starting to enrage me.

That enraged me.

My parents enraged me.

Mark Lee and the memory of that day enrages me.

The first two nights after that encounter, I thought and thought and refused to believe that he was truthful with me and even with himself. Yes, I was in deep, deep denial but after more thinking, I came to accept the fact that he moved on. That he had forgotten about us. For fucks sake, it has been seven years. I was naive to ever expect them to just magically stay together and wait for me.

That enrages me. The naivety.

I shake my head, shaking out of my thoughts when I hear the door to my new office open. I look up from the papers I had blankly been staring at to a smiley Taehyun. I smile softly at him in return and gesture for him to come to my desk.

"You have a meeting in fifteen minutes in the conference room. Your brother and father will be in attendance. It's regarding some upcoming projects such as the new mall being built and the 50th anniversary party, I believe." He raises his head from the iPad where he was reading the information from.

I sigh tiredly, close my eyes, and lean my head on my chair. I already felt drained from interacting with my father even though I hadn't even seen him yet. As it is, I was already exhausted.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Taehyun asks worriedly.

I don't open my eyes when I answer, "No, not really."

I let out a breath and sat up straight, opening my eyes. There was a frown on his face, and he looked genuinely upset. I give him a strained smile. "But I will be. I just need some sleep," I tell him.

He opens his mouth to retort but I quickly cut in by standing up abruptly. "Let's get going."

I don't wait for his response and instead, just walk ahead. He didn't talk again, taking the hint that I didn't want to talk right now, which I was genuinely grateful for.

When we arrived at the conference room, which fits 30-35 people, the only other people inside were a pair of old men I had never met, keeping to themselves, looking through papers on the table, and my brother who was talking with his assistant, a frown on his face as they discussed some documents. It felt refreshing to see my brother. A smile was drawn to my face instantly.

"Hyung," I call out, walking towards them, Taehyun in tow.

He looks up and smiles widely at me. His assistant, Mr. Lee Heeseung, I believe, looks too though his expression shows confusion. Taeyong-Hyung pats the free chair next to him and I take it, placing the folder I had been carrying on the table.