Chapter 1

2 months later

2 months later...

-----Jaemin-----

"Can you go pick up something at the bakery on 6th Avenue? Jinnie's Delights, it's called." Renjun says through the phone. I could clearly hear him typing away and could imagine his focus. "I was supposed to get off at three but they need me here till five and my pickup time is at four."

"Do I need a receipt?" I ask with a yawn, turning on my bed. My eyes wanted to close back up but I willed them not to.

"No, just say you're there for Huang Renjun's order. It's just a box of cookies."

"Who the hell makes orders at a bakery for some cookies? Aren't they usually made for, like, cakes?" I laugh.

"Laugh all you want but they are the best cookies in the world and they sell out every morning. If I make an order, I don't have to wait around." He groans, "Just do me the favor, please? I'll give you one," he says hesitantly.

"Fine, fine, I'll go. Send me the exact address. I don't want to be getting lost."

He hangs up on me right after I say that, making me roll my eyes. I sit on my bed for a long minute before putting on my shoes. I soon hear a ding on my phone and I glance at it to confirm that it had been Renjun. Along with the address, he sent a thank you text with an unneeded amount of hearts.

I put on my hoodie and its hood, and put my keys, phone, and AirPods case in my grey sweatpants pockets before heading out.

I walk a block to the bus station and take a seat on the bench. I put on my AirPods before pulling my phone out and texting Renjun back, 'You owe me,' my text said. I play some music before putting it back in my pocket. As 'Rainy Days by V' plays, the bus arrives. I'm the first to get inside, swiping my bus card.

I walk all the way to the back of the half-empty bus and take a seat by a window. Today, the sky was cloudy which gave me just the right mood for going out. The weather app said that it would rain around seven, which got me looking forward to it.

Three stops later, I got off the bus and walked the rest of the way. At exactly 3:03 PM, I'm outside the shop. I go in and am instantly engulfed with the amazing smell of fresh bread. I instantly smile.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up an order in the name of Huang Renjun," I tell the young woman behind the cash register who smiles back and nods before disappearing.

Just then, my phone rings.

I immediately knew it was Doyoung-Hyung. He's the only one that ever calls.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey, so, Mrs. Lim, Yuta, and I were supposed to go to a fancy event today to promote the company but Yuta canceled last minute. Something about it being his friend's birthday or something. First of all, I call bullshit. There's no way he has friends outside of work. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come instead."