Chapter 29

-----Jeno-----

-----Jeno-----

There are a million other situations that I would rather be in than sitting in a small room with only six other people, two of which consist of my father and my secret lover whom my father cannot find out I'm dating no matter what.

It's the tension.

My father is always suspicious and always thinks that he knows exactly what's going on. Inside, I was anxious that I would make one wrong move and I would give out the truth which he would chew on and be out to hurt Donghyuck, or Jaemin, or even me. Then, there was the fact that I hadn't talked to Donghyuck for the past couple of days, at least not in person. And for me, who misses him and Jaemin 24/7 wasn't exactly healthy.

Having him a few feet away yet so far was the worst thing that could happen. But it seemed like this meeting was neverending considering that our parents were just supposed to be signing some contracts.

A nudge gets me out of my thoughts. I turned to look to my left, where my brother sat. He nodded towards someone, our attorney, who was looking at me expectantly. "Sign here."

I look around, confused. "Why do I have to sign?"

The man looked at my father who kept his stern gaze on me before looking back at me. "Because your brother and you are the supervisors of the project."

"Since when?" I ask, looking at my father.

"Lee Jeno, why do you think you have attended all of the past meetings? Just for fun?" Father asks, his expression turning into a glare. He must've felt a bit humiliated. Good, like I care.

Everyone was looking at me, perhaps a bit amused or a bit shocked, I couldn't tell. What I could say for certain was that Donghyuck was trying to contain his laugh. I smirk at this fact, turning my head down, and looking at the contract to hide my smile. 

"I don't want to sign it." I slid the paper and pen back to the attorney who was flabbergasted by my statement.

"Jeno, stop being a child and sign." The man says, his face red in anger. This just kept getting better and better. 

"I can't sign anything without knowing the details. I'll have my lawyer look over it first." I lean back on my chair, showing that these words were final. 

"I am your lawyer." The man, the one that had handed me the contract, says.

I raise an eyebrow. "No, you're not. But, how about you go print me out a copy and I'll get back to you in a couple of days?" I smile. 

Donghyuck snorts from across Taeyong-Hyung. It takes everything in me to not look at him and join him with amusement but I knew better. Instead, I continued to stare at the man who stood there in shock.

"It's his right." Donghyuck's and his father's lawyer says.

My father, being the dramatic man that he is, slams his hands on the table, glares at me, and then stomps out of the room, his minion following straight away. Donghyuck instantly starts laughing and I finally look at him and smile. His father gives me an approving look and Taeyong-Hyung lets out a small chuckle.