Chapter 6

Immediately when we stepped foot on the island, I felt a tingle in my stomach, and that usually told me that something was wrong. But everyone else didn't seem to notice.

"Look at that." Cole gasped, looking up at the giant palace looking building that was behind the giant walls. "Awesome." Kai said, before getting pushed out of the way by Karlof, "Let me see." Karlof said, and Kai got irritated pretty quickly, "Do you mind??"

"Welcome to Chen's Island. The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon." Clouse looked at Garmadon as he said the last sentence, you could almost see the condescending venom through his words. Garmadon gave him a stare back, "Pleasure is all mine, Clouse." He said, and walked past him, and Clouse made sure to get the last word, "Oh, i'm sure it is." There was still something about Clouse that made me feel like i've seen him before.

"Definitely feeling some tension between you two." Says Jay as we begin to walk towards the giant doors, "Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai asked, which was a valid point.

"And care to explain how the face of Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole asked, completely baffled, filling Garmadon with questions.

"Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes." Garmadon replied, and I nodded before I turned to him and spoke. "Clouse looks familiar.." I said, trying to think as hard as I could to try and remember where I know him from.

"That's for another time, Y/n." Garmadon said, which only got me wondering more things, but I kept quiet.

"The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? Chen was an enemy?" Lloyd asked his father as we approached the doors, "He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here." Garmadon replied, and Lloys face grew stern in determination, "He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us." I shot Lloyd a smile as he said this.

Just as we were almost at the big doors waiting for them to be opened, we all got suddenly pushed back by Kai, and when I saw why he did it I rolled my eyes.

"Uh...ladies first." Kai said as the woman from before walked past us, I gave Kai an offended look and when the woman saw that she offered me her hand, "I'm pretty sure you count as a lady." She said playfully, and I was about to take her hand when I suddenly remembered what happened when her and Kai's hand touched, and so I pulled my hand back and shook my head. "Oh no that's okay. I like it better with the guys, anyway." I said, and just after she gave me a look and left, I immediately started to cringe, "My god that was disgusting. I can't believe I just said that." I said to myself, and we walked to the doors, and once we started walking to the other side, we could see the palace more clearly.. "This is a big island. Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out." Says Cole, and it really was, we could get lost here easily. "So this is the house that noodles were built. Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event." Jay cheered, inside the palace was huge, and really pretty aswell, it had all sorts of paintings in the walls, and everyone sat down on a half circle where there were seats. I sat in between Jay and Lloyd, and we waited for what was going to happen.

"Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn." Garmadon warned us, and I snorted in amusement, "Oh please. If something goes wrong my ass is out of here, I'll swim my way to ninjago if I have to." I joked, and Jay looked at me, "Your useless ass can't even swim."