Chapter 4

"I don't think those thugs were delivering a message to the Noodle House. I think they were delivering a message to us." Kai spoke the obvious, everyone was freaking out while I was trying to wrap my head around what he just said. "What do you mean it says he's alive?" I asked Lloyd and he shrugged, "hey im just telling you what it says." He said defensively and I sighed.

"I think this was meant for us too." Cole said, pointing at the fortune cookies in front of us, and we all looked at it, "Fortune cookies? Very peculiar." Jay said, and before anyone else could say anything, Cole grabbed one and ate it.

"Great, Cole. Eat some unsupervised food that strangers left in a dark alleyway." I said sarcastically, but Kai had a different concern, "Uh, you do realize there's a fortune inside, right?" He says and Cole looked like he suddenly realized something.

"Oh, so that's why they're called that." He spoke and I looked at him in bewilderment, "Do you just not notice the paper?"

Everyone started to grab their cookies and open them, so I did the same. LLoyd opens his cookie and reads the fortune. "Listen to this. "Master Chen has personally invited you to participate in his Tournament of Elements."." He says and I looked at him in confusion,

"Wait a minute. Are you saying that Mr. Chen, the same guy filling my belly with delicious goodness, is actually Master Chen?" Cole asks,

" "Secrecy is of the utmost importance. Tell no one, or suffer the consequences."." Kai read his, followed by Jay, " "If you ever want to see your friend again, meet on the pier at midnight and leave your weapons behind."

"You dont have to bring anything but yourselves, and remember, don't tell anyone." I read mine, and just as I finished my sentence, the paper in my hand vanished, followed by the one in Jay's hand, Lloyd's hand, and Kai's.

We suddenly all looked at Cole, and you could see the slight fear on his face before there was a boom coming from his stomach, he yelped, clutching his belly before he let out a burp and the guys laughed while I chuckled.

"Uhh. At least I know I was invited." Cole joked, making them laugh even more, before the atmosphere grew serious again, and Lloyd began to speak. "You dont think...."

"A trap." I nodded, and Kai agreed, "It could be. A lie to lure us in."

"Yeah, but what if it's not? What if Zane's alive?" Jay says and I sighed, "I say we do it. What do we have to lose?" I asked, only for Jay to start a banter with me.

"Uh, our lives?" He spoke and I shot him a glare.

"Talk to me when you've learned what a rhetorical question is."

"Suck my dick."

"No thank you."

TIme skip.

I was standing in the deck, along with Kai, Jay, and Cole, There were other people that were waiting with us for the ship, and I tried to sneak a glance at some of them, but I was too scared to get noticed, then I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I immediately turned around with my fists up, ready to strike whoever touched me, but then I realized it was Lloyd, and I sighed, placing a hand to my beating heart.

"Oh it's you." I whispered, and I tilted his head and shot me a comforting smile, his hand squeezing my shoulder in reassurance and I smiled back at him, slightly. "Sorry, I was a bit on edge. What took you so long?" I asked him with a whisper, and he rested his arm all around my shoulder, since he was taller than me.

"My father stopped me to ask a few questions." He said and I looked at him with a bit of worry, "You didn't tell him, right?" I asked, and he quickly shook his head, "I told him I was going fishing, but he looked a little skeptical so I'm not sure." Lloyd said and I gave him a small frown, but he squeezed my shoulder so I leaned my head on him a bit, and I felt his chin resting on my head.