Chapter 5

"Garmadon." I said quietly, getting his attention. We were all in the corner of the boat, separated from everyone else so we could have our own conversation. "Hm?" Garmadon says, "Who's that man? Clouse?" I asked him, and he sighed, "Don't be fooled by his attire. He is a Master of Dark Arts and Master Chen's number two."

"Huh, I thought Master Chen's number two was an eggroll and fried rice." Cole said, ruining the serious tone, "Why haven't you or Wu ever told us there are others with powers like us?" Kai asked, Which was probably the question that was in everyone's mind at this moment.

"Because there are some things we don't want you to know. You were led to believe you were special, yet you never questioned where your powers came from." He replied, and I raised an eyebrow, and I could tell we were all not satisfied with that answer. "Uh, are you implying that I'm not special?" Jay scoffed, offended and Garmadon sighed.

"Everyone on this ship is a descendant of an original Elemental Master." He said, and I looked around, noticing all the different powers that everyone had. We all began to walk through the ship, passing by some elemental masters using their powers, probably training until we got there.

"Elemental Master? Who were they?:" Lloyd asked his father, and we continued to walk. "They were the First Spinjitzu Masters guardians, each endowed with an Elemental Power that has passed down through generations." As I listened to what Garmadon had to say, I only kept thinking about who I got my powers from since my powers are basically the opposite of Lloyds, darkness.

"if that's true, then so is my sister Nya. But she can't do what I can." Kai spoke up, and Garmadon looked back at him

"Can't she? Power lies in all of you. It only needs to be awoken. The fighters here serve no master and have managed to unlock their own True Potential. For instance, that pale man. A distant relative to the Master of Light. Watch closely and you'll see how he's stayed hidden all these years." An invisible man with glasses disappears, and I was so caught up in my thought that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, I was just following Garmadon as he continued to speak. "Then there's Griffin Turner. Grandson to the Master of Speed."

"Hey, you can't lay a hand on me. I'm faster than fast. Swifter than swift." The master said, zooming past us.

Suddenly I tripped on something that was on the floor, but before I could fall, someone zoomed up behind me and caught me just in time.

"I thought ninjas were supposed to be more graceful. You're lucky I caught you, sweetheart." I looked up and it was a man with glasses, master of speed. I quickly got off his grasp and smiled at him awkwardly, "Oh uh, thanks." I said, and all he did was shoot me a wink before he ran off.

"Uh, master of speed? That's not an element." Says Jay, which Garmadon retorts back with "So asks the Master of Lightning.", which got some of us laughing, "Oh, snap, he got you there." Cole laughed as we walked, Lloyd and I were following behind them, and I felt his hand gently caress the back of my arm, and I looked up at him with a small knowing smile at how obviously jealous he was.

"He's faster than fast and swifter than swift." I said to Lloyd, teasing him, which got him to roll his eyes and pull me closer to him, and I laughed.

"You're very cute when you're jealous." I smirked, trying to ruffle his hair but he was too tall, so he just grabbed my hand and ruffled mine.

"Maybe I should let some girl catch me when I fall and I'll see how you like it." He challenged, and I looked up at him with a smirk

"You can do just that, Lloyd Garmadon." I said, challenging him but when I caught a glimpse of his expression my smile slowly began to fade, "You're serious?"