Chapter: 201-210(End)

Chapter 201 How about asking the Queen for advice?

Song Xingan glanced at Jian Shuyang. He had told him about Mu Mingqian's identity before coming here. He was the son of Prime Minister Mu and he must not offend him.

Jian Shuyang thought for a moment and nodded in agreement, "Then I'll trouble Lord Mu to take care of me for the next two months."

The Queen's mission to Nancheng was heavy. Since Mu Mingqian was in a hurry to leave, they couldn't refuse, so they could only work overtime.

"Don't worry. I was alone before, but now you two are in Nancheng. You have less to do than me. Besides, everything is on track now. If you came here a year earlier, you probably wouldn't even have time to close your eyes."

Zhao Qianming has been sighing since he entered Huyue City. There is a huge difference between Huyue City and Nancheng. The gap is really not a little bit.

"Sir, don't be disappointed. As long as you are here, it will be a matter of time to catch up with Nancheng. Besides, you have your ancestors to help you behind the scenes."

You should know that Zhao Qianming's grandfather expected him to enter the inner cabinet.

In the residence of the Minister of Revenue, You Zhicheng looked at the table full of delicacies but couldn't eat a single bite.

"Sir, no matter how busy you are, you must take care of yourself. If you have no appetite and feel greasy, how about I ask the kitchen to cook some lotus seed porridge?"

You Zhicheng shook his head, "No, why waste food to cook porridge if you don't eat a table of dishes."

Unfortunately, even if he wanted to sell the entire mansion, he could only collect tens of thousands of taels of silver, which was a drop in the bucket.

"Madam, if there is a shortage of money in the mansion one day, how will you solve it?" You Zhicheng couldn't help but ask his wife curiously.

Mrs. You's face froze for a moment, then she smiled and said, "Don't worry, sir. The fields in the mansion have had a good harvest in the first half of this year. The income from selling the grain handed in by the tenants is still quite abundant. I will take good care of the back house and not let you worry about the future."

You Zhicheng shook his head, "That's not what I meant. The treasury is short of money. The emperor intends to let the Ministry of Revenue come up with a solution. It has been several days, and I haven't thought of any good ideas."

After hearing this, Mrs. You felt that she could not help. How much money was there in the treasury? How could a Shangshu Mansion save it?

"Forget it, I'll think about it." You Zhicheng didn't really think that he could get any good ideas from Mrs. You, but just asked without anyone to talk to.

Madam You saw that he was still frowning while eating. After a long time, she put down her chopsticks and deliberately raised her voice and said, "If you really have no other options, you can ask the Empress. I think the Empress may have a solution."

"When did Madam worship the Empress so much?" You Zhicheng glanced at her in confusion. She never asked about his official business, but now she asked him to ask a woman for her opinion.

Mrs. You realized that her voice was a little loud, and whispered behind the curtain: "Now among the women of the capital's official families, there is no one who does not admire the Empress. After all, she can make money and assist her husband. She is the first Empress."

The most important thing is that the Empress can still control the Emperor and make him bewildered. She is so devoted that he is willing not to take concubines. Who doesn't want to learn this skill?