Chapter: 81-90

Chapter 81 Drought in the North

When Li Yuheng heard that the Minister of Revenue You Zhicheng said that the meeting place was at Yunxi Restaurant, he frowned with some dissatisfaction, "Can't we change the place?"

You Zhicheng was a little hesitant, "The shopkeepers of the eight imperial merchants all said that the food in that restaurant was delicious." He just hoped that nothing bad would happen in tomorrow's negotiation.

If they disagreed, and Prince Heng insisted on intervening and competing with the people for profit, it would not sound good if it got out.

Li Yuheng was extremely annoyed. The Ministry of Revenue was in his hands, but he couldn't do anything with the national treasury.

The profits of the shops under his name were getting lower and lower, and he didn't want to set his sights on the dowries of Princess Heng and the two concubines.

The palace had little income, so he had no money to go out and make arrangements, and many people could not be recruited.

They were all profit-seeking people who forgot their principles. The prestige of Prince Che in the court had been rising recently, and everyone was watching the fire from the other side of the river, not daring to take sides easily. If they did not bleed a lot, they could not order the officials at all.

So Li Yuheng set his sights on these imperial merchants.

According to the investigation results, these people were all new businessmen, who were selected by the Ministry of Internal Affairs because of their good products, and had no background.

Since ancient times, the people did not fight with the officials, and Li Yuheng wanted to intervene and share some benefits.

On the second day, Wen Jinhe stayed in another private room early, the dishes on the table were served in advance, and the door was always closed.

You Zhicheng arrived first and talked with the eight shopkeepers for a long time, his words were three parts polite, three parts flattering and four parts threatening.

At the climax of the conversation, Li Yuheng came in with his guards.

The eight people were a little nervous when they saw Li Yuheng coming in person.

Li Yuheng sat in the main seat, holding a wine glass in his hand, and his posture was high. "I heard that the eight shopkeepers have a big business. A big tree attracts the wind and is easy to fall into the target of public criticism. If there is no one to support you, it is inevitable that someone will covet you. Cooperate with me, and everyone will share the benefits and money. We will take all the money from all over the world. What do you think?" Li Yuheng actually looked down on these businessmen from the bottom of his heart. They had no talent and no background. They only knew how to do business and smelt of copper. Unfortunately, he could not do without money after ascending the throne. Sun Fugui silently picked up the wine glass and took a sip. The princess was next to him. How should he answer this question more appropriately? "Prince Heng, we are all small businesses. We can only make money by relying on the title of imperial merchants. We just had a few brothers who cooperated with us when we started. This matter is a small matter for you, but it is indeed a major matter related to the lives of the whole family for ordinary people. Can we wait until we go back to discuss it before making a decision?"

Li Yuheng and You Zhicheng left first.

After returning to the palace, Li Yuheng was a little skeptical: "What do you think they mean?"

You Zhicheng: "Do you want to go to the government office to check? All the shops and land are registered in the government office."

Li Yuheng sat down, rubbing his right thumb and index finger constantly, "When the Ministry of Internal Affairs issued the imperial merchant plaque, these eight people came to receive it. If there were other partners, they would not be absent for such a glorious thing. "