Chapter: 141-150

Chapter 141 Attacking Xunyang City

"How many troops did King Che bring to attack Linyue Kingdom?" Lu Yebai looked a little anxious, because he saw Li Junche leading his troops into the city, and the number of people was not as many as he imagined.

Li Junche stared at him, "Are you worried that I am not capable of conquering Linyue?"

Lu Yebai's eyes fell, "I am not worried about the prince's ability, but Wen Mingting has been prepared, and the Snow Country is helping behind the scenes, so we cannot underestimate the enemy."

"When Linyue Kingdom will be destroyed is just a matter of thought for my princess. It still exists now, but it is only because of the uncertainty in the court of Beidi Kingdom. If you are worried, then stay by my side as a soldier and witness how it dies."

Li Junche does not mind letting Lu Yebai lead the troops to the battlefield. It is the right way to make the best use of them.

The leader of the dark guards stared at Lu Yebai with a squint, wondering if he would agree to his prince's request.

After Lu Yebai pondered for a long time, he asked, "Who led the troops in the Snow Country?"

Li Junche took off the long sword from his waist and put it on the shelf, "General Wei Ming and King Heng."

Lu Yebai asked again, "Is the princess still in South City?"

Li Junche nodded, "Yes, it is safest for her to stay in South City before I return to the capital."

"I am loyal to the princess. Since the princess has arranged things, I will naturally go to South City to continue to follow her." Lu Yebai's eyes were very dark.

Li Junche raised a corner of his mouth, rubbed his fingers on the table vigorously, stood up and put his hands behind his back, "It's up to you."

Lu Yebai bowed and left.

The day before leaving, Lu Yebai and Lu Hongan stood on the city wall and watched the situation in the distance, even though he could not see the Linyue army's every move from here.

Lu Hongan looked at his elder brother with a worried look on his face.

Even though there were five cities in front of Zibo City, the news that Li Junche led 50,000 troops into the city could not be hidden from Linyue.

The border guards of Linyue immediately sent someone to send a message to Kyoto.

Le Shanhou was still on the way with his troops, but the army of Beidi arrived first.

Within three days, the city guards of Mincheng and Shangcheng each brought 50,000 troops to join Li Junche.

The 200,000-man army marched directly to Hucheng, which was the closest city to the border of Linyue State and one of the five cities that Beidi State exchanged for Wenxing River.

After Ning Xingan received the news, he was caught off guard. He did not expect that Li Junche would get there first.

Ning Xingan was afraid that Li Junche would attack before they arrived, so he ordered the army to rush day and night.

The people of Hucheng were afraid that the war would affect them, so they hid in their homes and did not go out.

Wang Jing'an stood at the gate and looked at the 10,000 troops that followed Li Junche out. He pulled Murong Nie's arm hard and shouted, "Even if the Linyue army hasn't arrived yet, they have already reinforced the garrisons in several border cities. Now the prince is taking 10,000 soldiers to attack the city. Isn't this a joke?"