He could only hope.

Quinn standing touching his father's arm and moving to Darius on the opposite side of the table.

Quinn gently sat beside Darius, touching him and asking,

"If he was alright".

Randolph approached Quinn and Darius, asking.

"If Darius needed help back to his wing?"

Quinn asked, "If he could escort him back",

Randolph nodded "Yes", looking at Darius smiling.

Darius and Quinn Sat and chatted for a while. As Darius became uncomfortable sitting, Quinn offered to walk him back to his room. Darius nodded " Yes". Quinn helped Darius to his feet and walked slowly with him to his room. Once in the room Darius laid down on the bed and Quinn sat beside him on the bed edge.

Quinn told Darius, "He was very worried about him and that he missed him."

Darius moved forward and gently Kissed Quinn, he whispered "Thank you" to him as he held his neck. Quinn looked into Darius' eyes and said, "he was welcome". They hugged each other gently, Quinn took the chance to kiss Darius' neck softly and gently, from his jaw down to his shoulder.

As Quinn was helping Darius lay back down on the pillows, a sudden knock on the door Quinn stood up and opened it, Armond was standing there with Rahvyn and Champagne, Rahvyn pushed past and jumped on the bed next to Darius,

Champagne mumbled 'Gentle Rav'.

He sat on the side. Darius just smiled.

Quinn looked at Armond and asked "When training would start" as he sat on the armchair.

Armond smiled at the thought of throwing Quinn around.

"Eager to get hurt hey" smiling.

Quinn replied smiling.

"Nah but I can see Darius each time I come to train",

Armond smiled and said,

"Yes, when you have finished". "You have good skills Quinn you just need to refine them".

Armond looking at Darius then stated:

"You, well I have not seen that side of you," "I thought you were going to rip my head off,"

Darius smiled and replied,

"I may have, never had that type of transformation before".

Armond replied.

"We need to help you control it", "Then train you to use it when needed".

Quinn agreed, then said.

"I have never seen you turn so quickly or aggressively", "your eyes went purple red", "You're usually so calm and diplomatic in most situations".

Darius shrugged his shoulders and smirked. They all laughed.

Another knock on the door, Marquis De-Glanville excused himself and told Quinn.

"It was time to leave".

Quinn nodded and stood from the chair heading towards his father.

Armond smiled and said,

"Torture time is 7 pm sharp nightly", "oh, unless something comes up".

Quinn nodded and said, "Good evening".

Then left with his father. While they were walking out: Randolph De-Chevalier stopped his friends Marquis and Quinn, requesting they walk with him alone in the garden, they both agreed, even though Quinn was somewhat nervous.

Randolph smiled at Marquis and said,

"Seems times do repeat themselves;" "You did the same for me in our youth, and we have remained friends ever since". "Quinn has proved himself by protecting Darius", "To be truthful, Quinn, I often wondered if you would mature? "You are a bit of a rogue yourself".

Quinn smiled and replied,

"Yes sir, but I do know I have some responsibilities within the clan and to Darius", "I'll do my best in the future."

Randolph responded,

"You and Darius have become very close I see", "This is good for the future when you are on council".

Quinn responded nervously,

"Yes, sir I would give my life to Darius".

Randolph Smiled and looked at Marquis. Smiling Randolph turned to Marquis and said,

"Seems they found their way together Marquis",

He smiled and nodded yes.

"Dawn is coming soon my friend you better get safe at home. I will see you around young lord Glanville".

Marquis and Quinn thanked Randolph and left to return home.

During the ride home, Marquis looked at his son and smiled, Questioning him:

"Do you have feelings for Darius, Quinn?"

Quinn looked at his father and spoke.

"Maybe, but I am not sure that my background would allow me to have him in my life except as a friend".

"So many questions and thoughts running through my head.",

"Lord Chevalier might be happy at this moment because I helped Darius and am willing to give my life for him".

"Would he accept me as his partner".

"I do not dare to hope".

"Being his friend is good enough".

"I have not brought this up with Darius".

Marquis De-Glanville looked at his son,

"Quinn, that is why you have asked about mating and the rules",

Quinn nodded "yes."

"I know it all comes down to Lord Chevalier, and councillors," "I am viewed as a rogue." "I don't think I have a chance".

Quinn leaned back in his seat, crossed his arms, and closed his eyes. His father sat there looking at him thinking.