3 Families Which One?

Quinn sitting at a large vintage desk looking at three files in front of him, disgruntled.

Returning to work as ordered by his father, Quinn has been instructed to attend to the pending family business. He has been instructed to attend a meeting for his father which had 3 clan families attending, and one was the De-Chevalier Family, even though Quinn objected to doing the job his father insisted.

The meeting was set up for Dusk and three families will be attending De-Chevalier Family, the Van Pick Family and The Carr Family, Quinn obtained the paperwork, and he had to have it signed by the delegates for each family, to make the deal his father had developed work.

The families started to arrive: The Van Pick family delegate arrived first. Quinn introduced himself to the young man and explained the procedure, what the outcome would be and what they hoped to happen and then requested he sign the document on behalf of their family.

After pleasantries, He directed them to a waiting room and instructed his men to serve them drinks, he explained after all the documents were signed, they would all celebrate with the three families.

The second family to arrive was the Carr Family, again Quinn introduced himself to the young woman about his age, and explained the procedure, what the outcome would be and what they hoped to happen, again he requested the delegate sign the paperwork on behalf of their family. After this paperwork was completed, he directed her to the waiting room explaining that they would celebrate once all three families had signed. Quinn introduced the family members to each other.

Quinn returned to his office waiting for the final family to arrive, wondering which De-Chevalier member would attend. Just then a knock at the door revealed that it would be Darius De-Chevalier attending. Quinn stood up choosing to look at someone else rather than Darius as he ran through his prepared speech, acting as if he did not know Darius. Darius tried to use this time to speak to Quinn and refused to sign till Quinn dropped the act.

Quinn stated, "That he thought he knew Darius, but he was mistaken", Please sign the paperwork, so we can all go on our way."

Darius knew he had to sign on his father's behalf, and Quinn could be very stubborn, so he signed, knowing he would have a chance to talk to him later, if not tonight, then other meetings.

Once the paperwork was completed, and pleasantries were completed, he directed Darius to the main room where the other families were waiting.

Quinn had another speech to give, congratulating each family. Once this was completed, they all sat and enjoyed a meal and social drink. During this time, Darius tried to speak to Quinn, but he avoided contact, preferring to speak to the other families. As the meeting ended, only Darius remained wanting to speak to Quinn, Quinn poured himself and Darius a small glass of Whiskey and then smugly sat down.

Quinn told Darius "He was busy but" "OK" "Tell me what you want to say."

Darius again repeated "That Rahvyn was stirring him up that night" and "That his family had not mated him to anyone," "It is up to him to pick his partner."

Quinn sips his whiskey, listening, avoiding eye contact, otherwise, he knew he would melt looking at the face he loved so much and asks,

"Why are you telling me this now." "You know your family does not think I am good enough", "your father won't agree to our relationship".

Darius looked at Quinn and told him "That is because he was very fond of him". "Especially after that night." "He missed him very much over the past month."

Quinn replied, "As soon as your father demands you replace the blood swap with someone he picked" "he would forget him eventually."

Darius replied, "He wanted to see where their relationship would go." "If he still wanted to try it."

Quinn smiled to himself and replied, "Maybe we can see if it will work out." Darius's words had tugged at his dead hollow heart.

Darius stepped forward to hug Quinn, the familiar aromas filled both of their nostrils.

Before Darius left, he told him, "I will contact you, once I have returned and completed, my father's work."

Quinn nodded his head, lifting his glass, he replied "Yes", "I have yet to complete this meeting's paperwork and return it to my father."

Darius left the office, Quinn was very happy, realizing that he still had Darius's affection and he was also wrong in assuming what had happened that night. Completing the paperwork from the meeting, Quinn returned to his family's estate and approached his father to let him know the meeting was successful all three families had signed,

Quinn's father Marquis asked, "how the De-Chevalier meeting went."

Quinn looked at his father and frowned then asked, "Why," his father replied, "Oh" "Just that they requested you do the business with the young lord from now on."

Quinn frowned and asked again, "Why?"

His Father looks at him and states, "Why" "Don't you want to meet with the young Lord Darius."

Quinn states, "Umm no" "It's not that" "It's just I am labelled as the troublemaker you know." "I am not good enough for their son." "Why the change of heart so to speak?" " Why push us together?"

His Father states: "Maybe the Young Lord Darius changed their minds." "I don't care," "As long as the paperwork gets signed."

He then asks Quinn, "Oh," "And who said you're not good enough for their son", "Maybe I need to sort someone out."

Quinn shakes his head, "It's OK Father I'll deal with it."

Quinn finishes his drink and returns to his wingas it is still early in the evening. He decided to attend his friend'sdiscussion night.