A Taste

Darius is home in his wing of the castle, passing back and forth in his room attempting to gain his composure, trying to understand the images, that had flooded his mind, the feeling that engulfed his body. This creates uncertainty and excitement in Darius at the same time.

He re-plays in his mind what happened with Quinn, he finds himself smiling and questions himself for allowing such a rogue to kiss him, let alone bite his lip. Darius has never swapped blood with another vampire in this fashion before, he has only engaged in blood supplied from the family for food. Never in a passionate embrace.

Darius is restless, he moves to his bedroom, lying on his bed, preparing for sleep, as the morning is about to come in a few hours, emotions engulf his mind and body he feels the heat of passion and heightened senses running threw his body.

Darius tries to ignore these feelings, unable to, he finds himself hungry and full of passion. Darius leaves the castle and wanders the grounds of his family's estate.

Head of security, Armond Bourdain, notices Darius leaving the estate, this is unusual for Darius, as he is usually not a rule breaker. He starts to follow him, keeping out of sight. Darius tries running through the forest, hoping to cover the emotions and senses running through his mind and body, suddenly Darius stops as he hears voices in the distance. He changes his direction and heads towards the noises, Armond following quietly keeping out of sight, but aware of the time, and approaching sun coming up.

Amarena Fabbri, Armonds Life partner is worried that Armond has not returned to home at the allotted time. Leaves the castle wing, and uses his senses to track Armond's position, once he has located Armond, he travels quietly and quickly to where Armond is, arriving, they both look at each other and Armond signals for Amarena to be quiet, pointing at Darius approaching the young men camping on the family estate.

The young men see Darius and become startled, Darius's heightened senses become overwhelmed with the tempo of their pounding heartbeats, which excites his hunger even more, not being able to control his emotions now, he advances and grabs one young male, suddenly his fangs have sunk deep biting him hard. The thrill and excitement of the young men's heartbeats sent Darius into a lust-filled feeding frenzy. The other young men begin yelling and running away. Armond and Amarena afraid of the outcome for Darius, their friend, advanced, quickly taking a young male each, biting and quieting them.

Darius startled by his actions and the appearance of Armond and Amarena suddenly drops the young male and hurriedly wipes the blood from his face.

Armond steps forward grabbing Darius by the arm, "What is happening with you?".,

Amarena approaches forward "It doesn't matter, we must get the young lord back before the sun comes up, and he is found outside". Amarena motions to them to return to the estate.

The three return to the estate. Safely inside, protected from the sun, the modified shutters have blocked the sun's rays from entering the room, Armond and Amarena question Darius as to what happened or is happening.

Darius just states "he has had a few unusual emotions lately, tonight they overpowered his mind, so he went out running to make sure he did not act on them, trying to distract his mind". Darius then realised, he had killed the young male and was worried what his father would say, bringing disgrace to the family.

Armond reassured him not to worry that he and Amarena would clean up the area, and not mention it again. Armond and Amarena leave to rest, they stop and speak to their team on the way. Darius also washes up and returns to his bedroom to attempt to rest, he continues to be restless, images of lustful encounters and feedings are playing in his head and engaging his body senses.