Chapter 9: A New Happiness

Start from the beginning

Dr. Nidhi asked the woman. Tara also got alert.

"My husband ra*es me every night...He didn't even give me the time to take care of my baby....He didn't listen....He just fulfilled his lust....he showed me dirty videos, and then he demanded so many things which I can't even tell you...."

The woman cried out furiously.

Tara stood frozen after listening all these.

Dr. Nidhi got so furious after hearing this.

"I'm coming with you....Let's file a complaint against him...DSP Giridhari is my uncle...Even politicians are scared off him....He is posted in mussoorie... don't worry, he will help you..."

Dr. Nidhi immediately left with the woman.

"Tara, please assist Dr. Kulkarni..."

Nidhi said before leaving.

Tara has covered her neck with a scarf. Her marks are turning purple now. She touched her covered neck.

DSP Giridhari!

That name echoed on her ears.

........................

After finishing her duty, Tara headed towards the police station. Her heart is hammering loudly in her chest. Still she gathered the courage. DSP Giridhari will help her. May be in this way, she can get rid off him permenantly.

"Everything will be fine...."

She kept on uttering those words.

She entered the police station. Her tongue got stuck inside her mouth. She felt so ashamed for her situation. She took a deep breath. She has to do this. She can't live with this fear anymore.

"I...want..to..meet...DSP sir"

Finally she said to the lady constable. The lady looked at her from head to toe.

"Make a GD first, then we will send it to him"

The Lady took her pen and file.

Tara sucked her dry lips in tension.

"Someone....took..ad..advantage..of..of.me....when..i..was...not..in..my..senses"

The lady frowned and then stared directly at Tara.

"Did he rape you?"

Tara nodded her head and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"When did it happen?"

"Yesterday..."

"Have you washed your private part? I mean did you take a bath after the incident?"

Tara went numb. Her face turned red in embarrassment. She shook her head.

"Have you seen his face?"

Tara nodded.

"Tell his name"

Tara bite her lips hard.

"Nawab Pataudi...."

The lady immediately stopped writing. She looked at Tara in extreme shock. The lady looked at her in pure disgust.

"Are you making up a story? He is a very reputed man and his character is also very good.... Disgusting!"

Tara joined her hands in front of the lady constable.

"I'm not lying mam... I'm not lying...please I need your help...he is after me...He can force me into his life any day...belive me mam.."

The lady chuckled bitterly.