Chapter 26

After leaving Orochimaru's lab, Y/N wandered the castle halls briefly before finding himself in the garden. Once he arrived at the garden, he took a while to admire the various flowers which he had never seen before. At first, it seemed to help ease his uneasy mind, but it only did so much to help. Looking up at the castle, he saw how tall the castle was reaching rather high into the sky. He stared at the castle's highest point for a while before climbing the castle walls and heading towards the top. Some of the guards were suprised to see Y/N running up the walls as they had never seen anyone do that and with such ease. 

Climbing to the top gradually took some time but he eventually reached the top, standing with his arms crossed. The view from the castle's highest point gave him a vast view of the city and beyond, seeing several mountain ranges as far as the eye could see. Upon gazing at the view, and feeling the wind blow past him he felt rather at ease feeling that he could think clearly. Y/N remained silent as he found it hard to believe what this world's version of him turned out.

Matatabi: It's bothering you isn't it?

Y/N closed his eyes briefly before opening them up and finding himself in front of Matatabi within his subconscious.

Matatabi: I would be lying to say that I'm finding this all hard to believe myself, especially about this world's version of myself. This news is rather.... concerning.

Y/N: Yeah. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Orochimaru told us. Chuckles. Hell, seeing Orochimaru being polite and kind is just.......IT DOESN'T SUIT HIM!!!!!

Matatabi: Indeed. It is a rather....odd thing for him. Then again, we could assume that Kabuto could act similarly.

Y/N: Yeah. Though with Kabuto, I can somewhat see being polite and kind.

Y/N sighed as he rubbed his neck pacing for a moment.

Y/N: If they want our help, I'm still unsure how we could help.

Matatabi: I'm not sure as well. However, there is one thing that I am still curious about.

Y/N: It's more about the other version of you, right?

Matatabi nodded in response.

Matatabi: From what Orochimaru told us, she appeared to be one who wouldn't hesitate to burn anything in her path, slaughtering thousands of innocents. Not to mention, my powers could be the same as hers.

Y/N: Yeah. However, it will be rather easy to tell between you and the 'other' you are the real one. Chuckles. I mean, she has the opposite appearance as yours with black flames with blue marks instead of the way you are.

Matatabi: Hehehe, yeah. Of course, it's rather amusing to see that this world's version of you appeared to be somewhat of a nerd.

Y/N: Ok you didn't have to point that out, furball. Annoyed.

Matatabi: Hehehehe, yeah. Though, it is rather funny.

Y/N groaned in annoyance as Matatabi chuckled.

Matatabi: Perhaps, we could ask Orochimaru to help us understand something.

Y/N: Oh yeah? What would that be exactly?

Matatabi: Do you remember what happened at the Tower of Heaven? Particularly, the moment when we were struck by pure magic energy trying to escape.

Y/N: Yeah. I do.

He recalled that day were he got struck with pure magic energy when the tower was collapsing. That day something did change within his body as he wasn't sure what. As he thought about it, he placed his hand over his stomach was the seal that kept Matatabi sealed inside of him.