Chapter 25

Utter shock filled the entirety of both Y/N and Matatabi. Finding out that the versions of them living in this world were purely evil left a mark on them.

Y/N: I......I don't.

Orochimaru: It's quite alright to understand how you feel at the moment. Said stopping the illusion. To be honest, I was rather suprised when I met you on Galuna Island where you encountered Deliora.

Toma: We had thought that the Y/N we knew wouldn't go to such extremes being Orochimaru's assistance.......but we were tragically wrong.

Y/N: That so?

Matatabi: When you heard about our existence, you were weary of us if Y/N was the one that you knew or a different one. In which case, you had those special soldiers of yours spying on us for a while but only to reveal themselves to us back at the Harvest Festival in Magnolia.

Arcadios: It wasn't his order but was mine. I was the first to be informed about your presence by Orochimaru here. Once I knew exactly who you were, I informed His Majesty which led to this moment.

Toma: The matter that we want to discuss with you will come as quite a shock to you, I'm sure.

Y/N remained silent as he didn't know what to say. His whole life, he fought to survive killing anyone that tried to take his life or imprisoned him. By most in his world, he would be considered a threat that needs to be eliminated or sealed away, but in this world, it wasn't like that at all. For the first time, he found people who were friendly to him and wanted to know him even becoming friends with him. Joining the guild of Fairy Tail gave him a chance to feel accepted and have a life that was robbed of him. Not only this but having someone love him was going to be rather difficult for him given what happened to him.

Orochimaru: If you would, I can explain things to him in private sire.

Toma: Alright. Take as much as you need.

Orochimaru: I understand. Now if you would follow me, Matatabi, Y/N.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before following Orochimaru as Matatabi hopped onto his shoulder. Toma and Arcadios watched them leave the throne room as Toma let out a sigh.

Arcadios: Is everything alright, sir?

Toma: I feel asking him to help us might have been too hasty. He and Matatabi were rather shocked to find out about their counterparts, given their reactions.

Arcadios: Perhaps. However, I sense that he and Matatabi will assist us. Orochimaru should be able to convince him and put his mind at ease.

Toma: That is what I am hoping for. For now, let's not force him to take on any tasks until he has come to a decision on his own and Orochimaru is done talking with him.

Arcadios: As you wish sire.

Orochimaru continued to lead Y/N and Matatabi down the massive halls of the castle. While they walked, Y/N was finding it rather hard to believe how this world's version of him was as was Matatabi. However, he somewhat understood how it could've happened as he reflected on his past.

Orochimaru: It seems that you're rather troubled by the recent news.

Y/N: How can we not? It's a lot to take in from what we've experienced so far. Of course, I'm talking to you knowing that the Orochimaru that we know was......the opposite.

Orochimaru: Is that so? So the other version of me wasn't as polite?

Y/N: Try a twisted person who wanted to learn every possible secret in the world of Shinobi while doing various unethical experiments. Not to mention, he primarily uses snakes for his attacks or whatever.