if she wanted to read, I'd write a book

Some songs just hit different.

Anything - Adrianne Lenker

Was on my fyp and for some reason it just hit a nerve.

I had dreamed about holding Rae's face in my hand. I've dreamed about holding her and messing with her hair.

I always do because its always something that I find comforting. It makes me happy, makes me feel genuine. To the point where I don't think before I speak and don't completely care about mess ups.

It so simple yet so complex that I keep finding a loss of words when I try to talk or write about this.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've smiled around her. Around her family. Mostly just her mom.

Her mom was telling me how she chooses her favorite of Rae's friends by how much they talk to her without fear and like she a human rather than being scared because she's an adult.

Which was funny considering I had been talking to her for 2 and a half hours at this point.

I know a while back Rae had told me that her mom was a bit lonely and appreciated that I talked to her.

But it made me feel better about my talkative-ness hearing it from Her mom herself.

I find it funny too that I like it when adults talk to me in a actual conversation way so me and Rae's mom just fit perfectly.

I've also realized she has a lot if the same outlooks as my mom. At least when it comes to parenting. Which is really nice.

Overall I really enjoyed talking to her, it was really nice to learn about her at least a little bit.

I've got all the basics now.