(A Very Spidey Christmas arc) Part 13

The entire world stood in place. Traffic came to a standstill in Manhattan as they, along with the rest of the world watched as the sky above the Statue of Liberty held an uncanny crack.

Suddenly, the sky began to shake violently as the crack itself began to spread, getting larger and larger as it expanded outwards till eventually, the sky shattered into fragments eliciting a chorus of shock from every civilian who's witnessed the display.

???: "AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

Peter: "What the heck is that!?"

Y/n's variants, along with Peter and Gwen stood mortified as a figure began to descend from the sky.

Glitch-Spider: "Nightmare..."

Phantom-Spider: "Boy, I'll say!"

Nightmare: "AHAHAHAHA! Didn't I tell you, that wretched little pocket dimension of yours couldn't possibly hold me"

Glitch-Spider: "I thought you said he didn't come to your universe!?"

Spider-man: "Okay, so I sorta left out a major bad guy like he's some villain of the week"

Glitch-Spider: "Only he ISN'T some villain of the week!!!"

(~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~)

As if to illustrate his point, Nightmare suddenly releases a violent torrent of his power, causing a shockwave to burst from his body.

Phantom-Spider: "Incoming!"

Everyone leaped in different directions. Unfortunately, the blast hits the scaffolding underneath Gwen, causing her to lose her footing.

Spider-man: "Gwen!!"

Without a second to spare, Glitch-Spider whisks past Spider-man as he dove after Gwen.

Amidst the freefall, Glitch-Spider manages to grab Gwen by the waist and takes her in a princess carry right before landing on the ground with a loud thud.

Glitch-Spider: *shocked* "Y-You're okay..."

Gwen noticed the pained look in through his mask, noticing a sense of familiarity amidst the scene. Placing a comforting hand over his cheek, Gwen gave her the most comforting smile she could muster.

Gwen: "I'm okay...Thank you"

A large splash against the water soon cut off their moment. Everyone looked over and saw that The Statue's shield had fallen onto the body of water from Nightmare's sudden burst of energy.

The fallen shield had now acted as a platform for Nightmare, who slowly descended onto said fallen shield.

From afar, the three Y/n's have grouped as they observe Nightmare from a distance.

Glitch-Spider: "Only one left to settle the score"

Phantom-Spider: "Do you know that's a trap? I mean, it LOOKS like a trap"

Glitch-Spider: "Yeah...but at the same time, I don't really care"

Glitch-Spider looked to his variants.

Glitch-Spider: "Let's take him down properly this time"

Phantom-Spider: "Yeah"

Spider-man: "..."

Noticing his uncharacteristic silence they looked over and saw Spider-man bearing a sense of nervousness heading into their predicament.

Phantom-Spider: "You okay, Spidey?"

Spider-man: *shaky sigh* "Let's just get this over with"

Heading down first, the two variants shared a look of concern with their counterpart before quickly following after, landing sequentially onto the fallen shield as they now stood before their final opponent.