Chapter 18 :: A Saintess is a Dragon, A Wolf is Fenrir

~Content may be disturbing or triggering ~

Naga's face became increasingly paler, his teeth were sinking into his bottom lip deep enough to draw blood but he didn't let out a single sound.

Eyes closed he was forcing his body to remain relaxed as the Ajal continued the complex process of bloodline magic.

Eventually the rippling between the two began to show silhouettes that slowly sharpened into detailed visuals. Like some romantic tragedy film from the perspective of Asta the room held their breaths as they witnessed the moment the two women met, until the tragic end. The agony was tangible and suffocating to those witnessing the atrocities. It felt as if the rage and curses from a thousand years ago would swallow the ballroom whole.

Through Asta's eyes they witnessed her dying in the Saintesses arms. The Saintess had Japanese features but bright hazel green eyes, an unusual combination leaving Ryuki and Wolf feeling nostalgic. Unable to place why or how.

When the Gods who had been summoned appeared the visuals became fuzzy and incongruent, as though the Gods themselves were interfering. Disallowing outsiders to witness their visages.

The Ajal did not try to force it. Only continuing to maintain the bloodline magic. Everyone watched as from the two women miasma and death spread out across the land, directed at Sol itself. Monstrous creatures began to crawl out of black tar pits. Existing creatures became deranged and vengeful. They witnessed the formation of the Dead Land and why.

All eyes burned into the Sol representatives, confusion, disgust, resentment, an accumulation of negative emotions was palpable if eyes could devour or kill the Sol representatives would have been dragged to Helheim a thousand times over.

Finally King Rory spoke into the oppressive atmosphere. "I believe it is in the continents best interest if the representatives from each nation, race, and religious sect aside from Sol sit down and have a follow up discussion with a serious plan to address the crimes of Sol and how we will begin the cleansing of the Dead Land with Lady Ryuki and Wolf."

Wolf caught the exhausted Naga as he began to collapse and Ryuki began healing and recovery magic.

The Ajal finished the magic and thanked the Gods of Death before cleaning up and addressing Ryuki. "He will be emotionally and mentally exhausted long after his body recovers. He will have felt like he had experienced those events first hand in Princess Asta's body and will need time to recover. It was very commendable for him go through such suffering to reveal the truth."

Motioning towards one of her robbed companions he handed Ryuki a vial of dark grey liquid. "This is a sleeping potion. It will allow him to rest without having nightmares or after effects, he only needs a thumbnail amount before sleep."

Ryuki nodded in thanks and gave a slight bow in gratitude and respect.

Standing back straight and head high Ryuki spoke into the room her voice dipped in frost.

"We will take Naga to recover. Once a day and time a conference has been set please inform us. I would advise all nations to decide on whose side they will stand or if neutrality suits them best. While we have made a contract in regard to our assistance of the Dead Land with the Skógrheim Kingdom they are under no obligation to assist or support my decision to defy Sol. With that said, Representatives of Sol. I will never come to your side."

Ryuki stepped without sound towards the detained and gagged High Priest a cruel smile forming on her delicate lips, her feline eyes became sharp like a predators. A soft voice laced with icicles and promises of death hovered in his ears.

"No matter how many Hero's you cobble together my lovely little Wolf will tear them to shreds. Your reign over this continent will come to an end by your own invitation. You selfishly kidnapped me from my home, my men, my uncle, expecting me to cry and cower and seek your embrace. Your decision to summon a Saintess will be your death, your Requiem. You didn't summon a delicate flower. You summoned a Dragon, a Dragon with a guardian Fenrira. We will raze that bastard who fancies himself a Demi-God to the ground even if it's the only thing we accomplish before Wolf and I greet our beloveds in the underworld. That is a promise."